Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

F2P - Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by The Professor, Apr 12, 2014.

1. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

I think F2P can be good, if done right. I really hope that SOE doesn't get greedy with the cash shop, as happened with many games. It usually starts with a few random epic-looking mounts, then goes to XP boosts and so on, then goes to reduced XP gain in the hopes of forcing people to buy XP boosts.
    I really hope that H1Z1 won't have things like these, just strictly customization items. Those work fairly well in their other game, PlanetSide2, where even players can upload their creations. I think these would be enough in this game.
    Also, the other problem is cheaters; H1Z1, especially as a f2p game, needs a very strict anti-cheat system to prevent cheaters.

2. mark973

mark973 Member

I usually don't trust F2P price models because its usually "pay to win" or even "pay to advance." I would much rather have to pay one time and be done with it, just like with "Guild Wars 2." It would also definitely help the cheater/hacker problem to a certain extent.

3. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I'm a bit twisted as of which one is the best alternative, but a reasonable one time cost is probably the best way to go for most games. If that doesn't sell well, switching to F2P could be something worth considering.

I don't think the amount of hackers would be extremely higher with F2P, it would probably be higher: but not enough for it to be that bothersome. The main problem with F2P would probably be that a lot of players would be... "Not so serious".
    I mean, if it's F2P, it's likely to attract people who didn't do any proper research on the game's mechanics/how it works, more trolls, and so on. Then again, F2P might make the game more popular, which would definately be a good thing.

4. Panda H1Z1

Panda H1Z1 New Member

If the company is smart enough they can implant some features to reduce the amount of hackers if they decided to create it F2P. I think it would be a good idea if they made it a small price and a one time payment. Although if hackers really wanted to hack the game they would pay for the game and the one's what are going to pay are the ones you need to watch out for.

Either way hackers will be in the game, but it can be reduced with payment.

5. Riji

Riji Member

SOE is a very strong, capable, and dedicated company. If hackers were an issue, they'd have swarms of hackers across all their games. They don't! And the one's they do are quickly dealt with. DayZ had hackers because ARMA was made to allow programs to work in tune with it and other games (WarZ/Infestation) are mainly too early in development or lacked the exp that SOE has to deal with experienced hackers. SOE's probably one of the best companies to deal with this, and their F2P options have always been decently designed. I'm confident.

6. haggard

haggard New Member

F2P = P2W... but if done right it can still be great game

7. bastuden

bastuden New Member

this is the most epic idea i have ever heard in a video game ever!!!! If h1z1 doesnt do this i pray to the gods that another developer uses this idea, please for the love of god, post a thread with this idea in it so i can share the link everywhere!