Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fair Fight: Rick vs Shane?

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by ShaneFan946, Mar 1, 2012.

1. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Sooooo..........

Ditka? Or a hurricane?

2. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

ok for arguments sake stronger = better fighter (combination of strength, speed, fighting knowhow, ect.) So when i say stronger i dont mean who can lift more lol i mean who is more likely to win. Also bigger = more muscular

having said that, I'll throw up some other vs topics

1.T-Dog vs Ed
    2.Herschel vs Dale
    3.Merle vs Daryl
    4.T-Dog vs Daryl
    5.Merle vs Shane
    6.Jimmy vs Glen

1. Gotta go with T-Dog here. I think he would beat Ed without much trouble

2. hmmm I'd have to go with Herschel. He seems bigger & taller. However Dale seems younger & faster. I say Herschel wins this barley

3. Older bro whoops this easily. If merle was able to k/o Rick for 30 seconds with 1 hit, and Rick was able to easily beat Daryl with a knife. Then Merle pwns. Merle >>>>>>> Rick >>>> Daryl

4. Hmmm this is tough. From what we saw theyre both pretty bad fist fighters. I'd pribably go with T-Dog here barley

5. This would be an awesome fight!!! I'd have to go with Merle though. Merle k/od Rick for 30 seconds with 1 hit. Shane almost ko'd Rick twice with 1 hit each. so i'd put them semi-close but Merle would still stomp this.

6. Jimmy is taller but Glen seems much bigger & faster. so i'd go with glen

3. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Huh!?! Merle didn't knock out Rick for 30 sec with one hit. He got his ass whipped by Officer Friendly (aka Rick)

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

Merle did knock out Rick for 30 seconds, then he knocked down Morales, and beat the hell out of T-dog, until Rick came back to his sense, and hit him from behind with a shovel.

5. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I re-watched it. He hit him, Rick was of kilter for some seconds, but not knocked out. To me, and also to the boxing world, a knock out is when the person is flat out laid out, temporarily unconscious. All we saw with Rick, was on a knee, shaking the punch off, then getting ready to kick Merle's ass. Merle had to use the brunt end of a gun to start whipping around at people.

6. boutte

boutte Active Member

There's a reason why you don't see 145 lb boxer's in the ring with 175 lb boxers. Size and strength does matter. From what we saw I don't think Rick had a enough superiority in speed or technique to overcome his size disadvantage.

7. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Carl vs Beth ?

8. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

There's really no such think as a fair fight outside of a boxing or mma ring

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

A knock out in a boxing match is that one is knocked down, and conscious or not, can not get up in the count of 10. and let us be honest, Rick knocked Merle down by a classic suck punch

10. ShaneFan946

Merle sent Rick FLYING and Rick was down for at least 30 seconds while merle had time to beat on t-dog more, beat on Morales, and have his "democracy time y'all" speech. Rick wasnt knocked out cold but he couldnt do anything or defend himself for 30 then sucker hit merle with a shovel/gun(cant remember) lol.

Weather you like it or not, Rick was knocked out by MMA rules he wasnt knocked out cold though.

11. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

You're arbitrarily dividing the fight into two segments just to say Rick won the "second" part of the fight unfairly. Shane was an idiot for walking away just because he dumped a bike on Rick. First rule of a fight and first rule of law enforcement is you never turn your back until you KNOW the situation is OVER. That means the other guy is in handcuffs or a body bag. Capitalizing on an opening is not "unfair," it's what you do in a fight. Shane acted in the fight with Rick the way he's acted all this season: short sighted and impetuous.

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Size & Strength only matters in a fair and organized fighting situation. The idea in an organized fight is to balance things out to create an equal and fair fight. So you're not going to put a light weight up against a heavy weight. Now with that said, how do you think Shane would have done against 135lb Bruce Lee? Or 175lb Royce Gracy? Now me personally, despite holding a Black Belt in Mertial Arts, I would have just shot the guy, Street fighting is a whole different story. Although Rick came out okay in that fight, his wounds was almost enough to get him killed by Walkers. So shooting Shane makes more sense to me...but to each his own.

13. boutte

boutte Active Member

i think your argument is a little silly. Shane isn't fighting a world champion class martial artist or even a run of the mill one. If you have two people with relatively equal skill and conditioning fighting each other size is going to tip the scale in the larger mans favor.

14. ShaneFan946

OBVIOUSLY theres exceptions. but for the MOST PART the bigger stronger person wins in a fight.

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

The idea of a fair fight during a Zombie Apocalpyse is a bit silly to me. So is the smaller guy going to get fined or suspended for smashing the bigger guys head in with a rock or stabbing in the Gut with his knife?

It's funny this subject came up, I was watching a low budget Zombieflick last night while working out. The show had Ving Rhames who if you don't know is a huge tough guy! This guy is swinging a sledge hammer like nothing. Well he comes up against a zombie that towers him! Ving just doesn't stand a one on one fight with this massive zombie. So he finds a Chainsaw lol

16. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I liked how he tended to stab zombies in the head with that hammer, sure beats doing it with a itty bitty pocketknife.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

I saw that movie, in which an asian chick is swinging a katana,and bunch of archers from Chicago

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Yup, that's the one. I haven't finished watching it yet but it's not all that bad.

Anyhow, I understand in a perfect world, Size and weight count for a lot, I'm just saying there are no rules in a ZA. So a smaller weaker guy can legally choose to use an equalizer. That and not all tall well built people can truly fight and not all small guys are push overs.

#38 SVTRay, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  19. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

SVTRay, the debate is not really based on how it would go down in the show, but rather a "what if" scenario in a boxing ring pretty much.

20. ShaneFan946

Exactly hence the versus topics. I'll ask again what about these matchups?

1.T-Dog vs Ed
    2.Herschel vs Dale
    3.Merle vs Daryl
    4.T-Dog vs Daryl
    5.Merle vs Shane
    6.Jimmy vs Glen