Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fanfiction.Net - TWD Stories/Writers

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Fiction' started by ShaneFan, May 12, 2016.

1. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Hi TWD Family,

I was talking with @Shane357 and @Spartangal22 and found out we enjoy reading/writing TWD fanfiction---and we have fics posted on Fanfiction.Net (FFN). This will be a thread for myself and other writers on here who may have a profile on FFN to post links to their stories for more exposure. My screenname is "Sassy Lil Scorpio".

Also, if you don't have a profile there, you can make one if you like so that you can post your TWD fanfic. Another popular fanfiction site is AO3 (Archive Of Our Own.)

Below are my three TWD fanfics so far...(I plan/hope to write more!)

Decomposition -Decomposition starts right after death. Depending on factors in the surrounding environment, the process will occur slower or faster. Shane Walsh died a painful and agonizing death. His soul rotted away from the inside out until all that was left were the skeletal remains of who he once was. [Shane Walsh's transformation using the decomposition process as an allegory.] {10x100.}
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11875634/1/Decomposition--

--

The End of Innocence
    - Who was Shane Walsh? What had happened to him? More importantly, what would happen to Rick Grimes, now that he had killed his best friend? Shane had lost himself. Did Rick lose himself, too? Rick knows the answer, although it's difficult for him to accept the truth.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11898827/1/The-End-of-Innocence

--

Who and What You See Before You Die - Lucille landed on Rick Grimes' skull as Negan executed him in front of his group and the Saviors. Surrounded by the bloodcurdling screams from those he loves, Rick is blanketed with peace when he sees those who have already died. Rick departs from this life, knowing he will always love those he leaves, just as he discovers that that those who died already have always been with him. (Alternate Universe)
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11915755/1/Who-and-What-You-See-Before-You-Die

2. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

I only have one so far:

Situation Normal - When the steam faded he could see his face. Newly shaved head, hint of stubble. Gun resting on the counter. Ready to take responsibility. Before, he could rest easy. Now, not even a coma could save him.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11634816/1/Situation-Normal

3. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

4. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

@ShaneFan Sorry I'm so late to the party! I think I clicked on the notification, didn't reply, and then forgot. Anyway.... I'm just going to link my profile because I'm too lazy to do the nice summaries that you did. I've got stories on Daryl, Merle, Rick, Beth, Michonne, Abe (*ahem* [MENTION=108952]HonestAbe[/MENTION] ), and Rosita on there. All oneshots.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1585763/Spartangal22

5. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I just followed you on there. TeamCarlisle is my pen name... I have a few Abe one shots and a couple Negan stories, one I'm still updating. I'll totally check yours out. I love reading fanfics

6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I am gonna post the first season of my story there too, since it gets barely any views.

7. ShaneFan

@HonestAbe - So glad you posted links for your stories!

@Spartangal22 - That's okay! Better late than never---and posting a link to your profile with your fics is fine! :) My hope is that other readers/TWD fans will know that you write fanfic and check it out!

@Taeyeon'sBF - That would be great! If you create a profile on FFN, please let us know!

Ya'll...I have to finish up my Shane fanfics, and work on my Rosita-Sashaone, and also complete my Eugene/Tara one. I have 4 in progress!

8. ShaneFan

Okay, so here's who we have...our screennames on TWD Forum and our pennames on Fanfiction.net

ShaneFan --> Sassy Lil Scorpio

Shane357 --> The Venom Symbiote

HonestAbe --> TeamCarlisle

Spartangal22 --> Spartangal22

I hope we can add more, like Tayeon'sBF when he creates an account! :)

9. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

:
    I just realised that most of our penames are wildly different from our usernames on here :Grin:

10. Taeyeon'sBF

TheRealETJ is my screen name. I will work on adding stuff there.

11. ShaneFan

Thank you, Taeyon! I added you to my favorites/follows. :) Definitely add more!

12. ShaneFan

That's very true. I made my account 15 years ago..."sassy" for "Sassy Steph". "Lil" for my height (5 feet exactly). "Scorpio" for my zodiac sign. It's also the initials of my real name. "ShaneFan" is pretty much--I'm a huge fan of Shane Walsh!

How about you, Shane357, and everyone else?

13. Taeyeon'sBF

Mine was a joke from like 10 years ago.
    And I noticed my fic was promptly buried under more work after like a day lol

14. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I just added all of you :)

15. ShaneFan

@Taeyeon'sBF -- will you let us in on the joke?

Yes, that happens--TWD is a very busy fandom, so new fics stay on the first page for a little while before they get buried under the new uploaded ones. It also helps to put your characters in your summary. Even if you are working with original characters, you can edit your settings on your fic to "OC" so that if readers are looking for TWD fanfic with OCs, yours will go through the filter.

For example, Shane Walsh is a major character in my fics, as is Rick Grimes. So I selected those character names, so that when readers are looking for Shane or Rick fics, my stories will be easier to find. My fics are buried too.

@HonestAbe -- Thank you! I have you added you too!

#16 ShaneFan, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  16. Taeyeon'sBF

LOL sorry.
    I had another friend with my name, and he would always take the best usernames. So I made TheRealETJ to mess with him. Its lame, but back like 10 years ago it was hilarious lol

17. ShaneFan

LOL that's awesome! It's not lame at all, it brings up happy memories for you, so that's a great thing.