Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fargo

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by MassiveDynamic, Mar 16, 2014.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll have to google him & have a squizz!

Tea' leoni plays the secretary of state, I think she's fantastic in the role.

2. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Watched six episode so far. Liked alot of first five, but sixth was ****ing shit.

I hate unreal scenes as Neegard going out from hospital and returning as nobody would notice and that fish rain. They ruined good episode and made me have second thoughts of whole series.

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Have you seen the movie or any other Coen brothers movies?

I agree that Nygaard sneaking out of the hospital was a bit much but I saw it as standard television plot contrivance stuff that we just have to put up with.

The fish falling out of the sky is a very rare but not unknown phenomena:

http://sciencequestionswithchris.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/can-it-rain-fish/

So it's fanciful but it's not an impossible occurrence. Of course the main importance of it in Fargo is its symbolic meaning to the characters and the viewers.

4. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

No I haven't seem other stuff.

There are really strange moments which makes me feel wtf, like Neegard hammering her wife. And not getting caught even when he called to that motel. Like police wouldn't listen it.

5. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

The Coen brother movies have a particular style where fantastical and unexpected stuff happens all the time. They write all their own stuff. The tv show does an excellent job of imitating the style of their movies.

6. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

LOL if that made you mad, i cant imagine how much the ending pissed you off. That was more unbelievable than anything else in the series. I still really enjoyed the season though.

7. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Finished whole series now.

I disliked ending, thou it was really good series. Lorne Malvo was my favorite character and Neegard by least favorite.

8. Heriot of Fire

Watched this now over the last week and loved it. Great cast as well which seems to be repeated in the next season with the likes of Nick Offerman, Kirsten Dunst, ted Danson and Jesse Plemons.
    Could hardly remember the movie and wasnt sure whether I should rewatch it before finishing the show. Defo next up on the list, love me some Coen brothers.

Big cheers to @Neuropyramidal for the sign language translation, gave me a few good chuckles.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Season Two! September!

10. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

At one point I said to the television "Jesus Christ, Lester, at least Walt was doing it for his family." Lorne Malvo joins the pantheon of amazing television villains. He's both hilarious and terrifying. His smile before he was shot was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

11. Neuropyramidal

The cast for this coming season seems pretty good.

12. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

13. Neuropyramidal

14. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Their manner of speech and accent and phlegmatic response to the world never fail to crack me up.

#74 Alina, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  15. Neuropyramidal

And they made Kirsten Dunst look like an everyday idiot. That has to mean something. :p. I'm older than she is, yet she looks older than me....that makes me feel good. ;)

16. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jesse Plemons (Todd from Breaking Bad for those who don't know the actors name) looks like he's packed on some beef too. I wonder if that's IRL or for the role?

I wonder if the black guy is going to shape as being this season's Big Bad. Whoever the villain is has a hard act to follow the character of Lorne Malvo and Billy Bob. I'm hoping they've got some character/actor that is as compelling.

Hmmmm. Just looked at the Season 1 trailer and it does actually look more exciting than the Season 2 trailer but maybe that's a hindsight bias. I guess I can't get past the charisma of Billy Bob - he fits into my category of Sort of Weird Looking Guys I'd Like to F.

17. Neuropyramidal

I just finally watched the first episode. It started out questionable for me, but by the end of the episode, I liked it.

18. Heriot of Fire

Yes, can't wait to start the new season. At least with some shows Netflix gets it right.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I still haven't watched it. Couldn't decide whether to watch it now or record them all for later binging. Too many good shows to keep current on! I liked the first season so much, though. It was brilliant. I suppose I should make an effort.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I stayed up stupidly late to watch this, and am paying for it today.

I expected Floyd to be a Steve Buscemi-like character, and that we'd follow his bumbling and depraved adventures in which he'd commit a string of violent crimes to prove himself to his crime family, and was looking forward to it -- and then that lasted like half an episode. :zombies_lol:

So I wonder if the general themes will be the same as last season, where we watch a decent couple become more desperate and ruthless as they have to continue to lie and commit terrible acts to cover up their original crime. Or maybe that's what they want us to think, and they'll switch it up.

Either way, I liked it a lot.