Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fast or slow Zombies

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by Loc, Dec 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Splendid! A physiology lesson to boot. Well done.

2. lilnutty

lilnutty New Member

if for some reason the zombie apocalypse actually happened i would rather deal with slow zombies because i cant run very fast because i smoke too much but when it comes to watching it on the tv fast zombies are much more fun to watch because with the slow zombies there isnt much of a challenge , as long as you dont fall on your bum your alright.

3. vidoxi

vidoxi Member

Zombies that are just rotting corpses brought back to "life" (like TWD): slow
    Zombies that were created through parasites, voodoo, etc: either

I think slow zombies are creepier because even though they're slow, and usually weak, they never get winded or tired, but you do, so you can hide, but you can never out-run them.

4. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

The slow zombies seem creepier to me!

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Exaclty! you can out run them, but after awhile realize there's nowhere really to run *to*.

6. Marius

Marius Member

The slow zombies just seem to make more sense... I mean they're dead bodies... They really shouldn't be fast.

7. straysd0ntsleep

My post won't be nearly as eloquent as some already, but I prefer my zombies nice and slow. I actually find the faster ones to be more humorous. I mean they're already dead people walking around, it just seems a little silly for these dead people to RUN on top of everything else. The build up to those slow zombies eventually piling up is way more interesting IMO than a giant herd running at you full speed and BAM. Zombies don't make sense, period. I know this. But a running zombie just makes it too hard to believe and I just can't (as a viewer) take it as seriously for some reason.

8. divinitysbreath

divinitysbreath New Member

I'd prefer the slow zombies. It's bad enough that you've got some re-animated slowly decaying dead thing with a taste for human flesh stalking you. In a society where the dead are walking, all you'd really have to rely on is stealth, cunning and luck. It would truly be survival of the fittest! If zombies were fast, what hope would humanity have of ever coming back? A lot of people would quickly be picked off at the beginning. I think that it would be more interesting if zombies started off fast and then slowed as the decay kicked in.

9. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

For me a zombie is slow. If it can run it isn't dead, ala 28 Days/Weeks Later.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Slow zombies are more realistic. and i typed that with a straight face.

seriously, though. if it's a reanimated dead person walking around, it shouldn't have the coordination to be able to run around fast. fast zombies aren't zombies. they're vampires.

11. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Neither. I prefer them slow at first, and then as fast as a 5k runner. ;)