Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fast vs. Slow Zombies

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by Cori Nunes, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Cori Nunes

Cori Nunes New Member

This post is incorporated with The Walking Dead as well as movies such as Dawn of the Dead. In The Walking Dead, zombies are pretty slow, like really slow. With 7+ billion people on this planet, even if you turn after you die regardless, being how slow zombies are, I feel that the population diminished a little too fast.

Fast zombies on the other hand actually fit the point. The zombies took out quite populations swiftly, making it extremely difficult to protect yourself from harm.

Do you think the slow zombies is even logical to begin with? Not that I don't like slow zombies. If I had to chose from ether one, I'd chose the slow zombies just because of the higher percentage of living.

2. kiwiwalker

kiwiwalker New Member

If there's going to be zombies they'd better be slow. If there fast ones ....we are stuffed..,

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

If they were fast like in the Dawn Of The Dead, then we are Toast. Not only are they fast, but they are full of rage and strong. Lets not forget about that.

4. JPG119

JPG119 Member

For me the whole fast zombies has never provided a good film. The idea that they are dead, should mean that they are slow and stupid. The fact that people turn when they die is probably the reason for the super quick destruction of society. Without access to food, water, shelter...whilst everyone fights over it, people would die.

5. EINTKALILFG

EINTKALILFG New Member

I like both and hold no preference for either. Its always been my belief that in order to be "realistic" and believable, it should be a combination of the two.

In the beginning, they should move quicker, since they've yet to reach a level of decay and muscular decomposition that would inhibit movement to any severe degree.

In the middle and late stages of an apocalypse, shambling, shuffling, and general staggering about would be the norm since rot and decay would have set in.

6. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Running is a very coordinated balanced act and I do not believe zombies will have the cognitive function to run. But granted if zombies are coming back from the DEAD... all bets are off.

7. EINTKALILFG

EINTKALILFG New Member

I can't disagree entirely. Though, I will say I've seen some of the most uncoordinated people in a cognitive state that would be best described as "heavily impaired" make a hell of a go at running, even if for a short distance.