Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fate of the forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Sulq, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

what is ?

2. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

has grown up some.i kinda miss the post about TGF's or campers but the writing is way more mature and the subjects are way more to the point.i don't know if younger gamers are on any gamer forums or really care, maybe they do their game forums more on an I phone than on an online forum. could also be that a lot of new gamers who would post on a forum like this maybe a little scared to come here being there are so many veterans here and if they have in the pass been to other forums and get treated like crap like i have and i am sure like a couple here had in the pass maybe why we don't get the numbers we should.:hat::hat::hat:

3. SMG

SMG Member

what is the fate of the forum ?
    on life support.

granted I'm kind of new here, but you're asking & yes I've noticed it's kind of stale here.
    expand your field of games, become a gaming forum for ALL TYPES of PC & CONSOLE GAMES not just solely COD/FPS games.

this will increase the numbers of forum members & those that will partake in discussions on the forum about gaming or anything related to gaming (including hardware subjects)
    right now you've limited this forum to a select few that play only the couple titles you have listed.

this will most likely require a whole new format & a name change (to get members that are gamers not COD players) though in the end I can see more people joining the forum to talk about all types of gaming.

if you're gonna take this jump I'd advise you to do some searching as to some other forums for subject breakdowns etc....go big or go home, don't exclude anyone that likes gaming.

IMO

4. SMG

SMG Member

some ideas, of course COD will still be the main subject.

* COD threads (have the 3 recent games in their own section, then once another is released it gets bumped to the other COD sections)
    - black ops 3
    - advance warfare
    - ghosts
    - black ops
    - modern warfare
    - advance warfare (if 2 came out)
    - ghosts (if a ghosts 2 came out)
    - general COD talk

* other FPS games
    - destiny
    - fallout
    - halo
    - etc...

* competitive games (sports, fighting, etc...)

* racing & flying games

* RPG games (or throw this in with the general games section ? )

* general games that for some reason don't fall in the other categories

* PC games (most of these will be strictly only on PC)
    - could break it down some if you want like RPG RTS FPS sub's ?

* gaming news

* hardware & accessories talk
    - xbox
    - playstation
    - nintendo
    - computers

* the lounge (off topics)
    - general off topics
    - humor
    - can break it down into couple more sections

I don't know if I missed any other subjects that could use their own section ?

I'd think if you targeted all types of gaming then you'd get more members. downside of it you might need a website name change to attract those people.
    and for the moderators or you to go through all the threads in this COD website & re-organize where the threads should go in which section (quick scan by thread title or at most read 1st post of thread)
    I know that's a lot of work, but I've seen some other websites do these things.
    also be more vigilant in removing or preventing the spam that gets thrown in every section by spammers (this is one of the most annoying things to see in a forum)

or do nothing & see where the forum goes from here & hope for the best.

#4 SMG, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016