Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Father Gabriel/Eugene vs Lydia/Ezekiel

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Woodstock, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

The minute I saw Father Gabriel talking to Eugene I thought "they did it, they really did it...Rosita's been piked!!!" and when they showed the head for a moment I was convinced that Tara was indeed Rosita (that was one of the heads that kinda had me confused).

On the other hand I'm wondering if maybe Lydia asking Ezekiel didn't reveal it just a bit too soon. I know a lot of people were expecting it to be Ezekiel and the minute we see him and Lydia we automatically know it's Henry. Daryl would have had to comfort Carol either way, I wonder if it would have been more shocking to just show the head (although I suppose that we would have recognized the King's hair a mile away).

Anyway, just a few random thoughts. I am usually a lurker but I loved that scene (in a sad way of course) and this episode has me wanting to talk and talk about every little detail.

#1 Woodstock, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You should post more! God knows we need it. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You should join in on the conversations more often. You have a great deal to contribute!

For a split second I was relieved to see Zeke with Lydia thinking "okay, whew....he is safe". But then in the next nano second my mind went to "OH NO what if this is a red herring and they actually nabbed Zeke when he went to look for Henry after speaking with Lydia". I was still unsure if it was Zeke or Henry up until the actual reveal (of course).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I used to be a very active member of the IMDb boards before (for several shows). I remember that unfortunately the Walking Dead board was full of trolls so I never went there, but I really wanted to discuss the show and so I did some "investigating" and that's how I ended up here. :) I love that this board has always been very user friendly and trolls are usually disposed of quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Thank you! I don't know why I've become so lazy posting lately, but I do follow all the conversations, this is my first stop once I catch up on the episode.

oh wow, now that's an awesome theory, why didn't my mind do that? LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sadly I tend to be skeptical by nature. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Well, you have posted enough for your name to be recognized immediately, so you should continue. You have great insight. :)

And yeah, I am so glad TWD peeps from IMDB didn't come here. LOL

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I would have thought it would have been a little more touching if Eugene and Gabe were walking around together, as a duo, looking for Rosita.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Prior to watching this I really thought Ezekiel was going to die and I’m so glad he didn’t.. but I do think it would have been a better Henry reveal if it never showed Ezekiel as being alive and well, and we just got Carol’s reaction not knowing.. I wasn’t super attached to Henry even after this season so that scene I was more heartbroken for Carol having to go through that again.. Henry himself kind of pissed me off lol sorry not sorry

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PepperAnn

We all felt that way about Henry so no complaints here. LOL

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Josef.Kerr

Josef.Kerr New Member

I don’t know. I found the way the scene played out with Darryl trying to shield her from seeing it extremely powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Yeah I felt so terrible for Carol.. to some degree it was like the barn scene all over again.. and Daryl was the one to comfort her/hold her back then too.. so that part I was really hurting for Carol.. I personally just wasn’t super attached to Henry so I was kind of more relieved it wasn’t Ezekiel or another main character I like

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am pretty much "meh" about Henry's death.

As a viewer I felt sadness for Carol. Though I do hope this is the last time they play the Carol has the worst luck with kids card. It is now trope. Moving forward, if used again, it will just be eye roll worthy

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Told y'all Henry was too much of a DA to survive in the ZA! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. PepperAnn

She probably lured him by screaming and he just charged right into the ambush. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

DA......OHHHHHH DumbAss!!!????

Acronyms are my kryptonite

Sunday night Eugene tripped me up with his RPG

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Not sorry at all to Henry go except for Carol's sake. If it was real life, he wouldn't have lasted these last 6 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SStark

SStark Active Member

I've got this episode as pretty much perfect, but there were a few changes/presentation things I would have changed with the pike reveal:

- Kelly would have been piked. I wanted one of Magna's group to go, and she fit the bill. Especially with her and Connie's discussion of "any goodbye could be the last", I thought it was just setting it up actually. It would have been heartbreaking to see Connie running around with her notepad out asking where Kelly was because nobody else would have been able to understand her really and Daryl, Magna, and Yumiko were out and about.
    - I wouldn't have showed Lydia actually find Ezekiel. She could have still known Henry was missing, and I still would have piked Henry over Zeke, but her finding him before the reveal kind of narrowed it down really quickly that it was Henry, especially with Daryl's reaction to Carol. If Lydia would have been running around yelling "Ezekiel! Ezekiel!", but not found him, and THEN we cut to the Daryl/Carol reaction, we wouldn't have known who it was until they actually showed it.

Minor, minor nitpicks, but those are the changes I would have made. They did a great job with the Tara reveal, because you'd assume Gabe would be asking Eugene about Rosita.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lolly9266

Lolly9266 New Member

I was really hoping that he actually did mean "Rocket-propelled Grenade". That would have been cool to see.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I feel the exact same way, right down to the bit where he pisses you off, lol!

• Like Like x 1