Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Father Gabriel

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Stuff&Thangs, Aug 27, 2014.

1. jomo123

jomo123 Member

you are going to resort to calling me a troll? did you even watch the finale. Which I must say was an utter disappointment. The only thing they delivered was Gabe. Other than that, it was over hyped and boring as neck. If it wasn't for Gabe tying the writing together I do not know what we would have watched last night.

2. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

It takes creative writers to take a character like FG and continue to up the despicability factor with each passing week. Just when I think it can't get worse - he does something even more despicable than before!!

That poor actor. On the hottest show around and everyone hates him, lol.

3. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

[MENTION=77801]jomo123[/MENTION]--Dude, you are seriously spending too much time with your Father Gabriel action figure.

That you built.

4. WalkingBuckeye

Oh wait--that would be an INaction figure.

5. the walking jet

LOLz i now right?!

i've literally wondered if his agent asked for more money since his client was going play one of TV's most despised characters..

6. Suedeanthracite

Nope, I suggested you were trolling back in post #136 almost 2 weeks ago so I am not resorting to it now. You asked that we wait to see FG's "badassery" in the finale. So I waited and returned to let you know I didn't see it. That's it. Nuff said.

7. Charmander

Charmander Member

Well one of your wishes came true. :p

8. jomo123

jomo123 Member

The hottest show died at the end of 5a. I wouldn'tbe so bold as to venture that it is still the hottest show around. Fell asleep for the last few eps. And the finale was only good because gabe.

9. jomo123

jomo123 Member

and you are spending too much time with tara's boobs. Too bad the writers arn't spending enough time on her arc.

10. the walking jet

[​IMG]

11. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

[video]https://youtu.be/X9uRCKtaOCU[/video]

12. Anjroid

Anjroid New Member

Any one consider that Gaberiel's intentions were to keep Rick's group from "tainting" Alexandria with violence by exiling them? If he was able to keep the heroes from training the others, then Father Gabriel would never worry about fighting back or doing physical harm to others, leaving him in his last state of humanity before ZA.

Accepting this fate that he won't give up to being biten or to suffer pain, from cowardice or weakness, allows transformation as his precipice in life. Before ZA, he saved lives by talking about it; now, if he wants to save and guide is flock, he must become a brave, leathal Shepard for his God, to feel redemption.

Of all types, Religious Zealots willing and able to kill are the largest threat to the world we actually live on.

13. WalkingBuckeye

Hi, @Anjroid, and welcome to the board! Given Gabriel's precarious mental health of late, I could see him thinking in such a convoluted way. I don't see him as a terribly agentic person before the ZA; my sense is that he liked the quiet, and tried not to let the outside world in. Unfortunately, (a) the outside world always finds a way in; the task is not to lose one's humanity in facing it; and (b) he took that to a very literal fashion, creating a self-protective cocoon that left him physically safe but spiritually and psychologically destroyed. I thought the writers had already addressed his self-loathing in his church admission, but apparently they didn't think we got it. I look at his behavior since then, esp. his arrival to ASZ, as one giant exercise in projection: everything he was saying about Rick et al., he actually felt about himself but couldn't acknowledge it. Maybe now he'll cowboy up and actually do something. Because he's claiming to wield the power of his faith (taking over the garage church, wearing the outfit) but not doing any heavy lifting reasonably expected of a clergy member. Get your crap together, Gabe, and stop making other people pay the price for your doubts, insecurities, and self-loathing. And if you think someone needs to be punished for something, speak to them directly; don't run to the teacher and make up a story. (Although again, I saw this as unconscious projection: the Christians of the ASZ were looking at him as their savior on earth, and he knew he had whiffed big-time.) If they continue to make him this much of a dithering, curled-up-in-the-road-sobbing mess, they need to ditch him.

14. the walking jet

well, safe bet AMC is not gonna keep paying giliam full year salaries to continue to do nothing but cry, betray & hinder..

dude can act.. give him a satisfying story arc before an epic death scene..

i'd say it's fair to say most fans of the show don't want to see some implausible attempt of redemption for the character..

#354 the walking jet, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  15. jomo123

jomo123 Member

well at this point I don't even plan to wait around for a redemption of the show. 5B was a disgrace. But Gabriel stayed awesome.

16. the walking jet

interesting, i thought the second half of season 5 was the show's best run..

as far as gabriel, you & i have a very different view on "awesome.." or maybe we don't, because i firmly believe you're playing devil's advocate..

LOLz go wild with it if it makes you happy, right?? :zombies_lol:

17. Lau

Lau Member

Wait, what?

18. adfnio

adfnio New Member

This guys character is a weasel. He is one of those guys that needs to die and get eaten by walkers. Such a weak little turd.

19. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

This guy has to die soon. He almost cost everyone the community. He let the walkers in, ratted on the group calling them evil. this guy has to die soon or someone else will die because he is a liability.

20. hex_offender

hex_offender New Member

So, this is what Father Gabriel does in his off-time? All kidding aside, has his chances of becoming walker food just shot up to 100%?

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/28972605/walking-dead-cast-member-arrested-in-peachtree-city

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. -Police say they arrested one of the cast members from "The Walking Dead" for DUI, speeding and drug possession.

Seth K. Gilliam, 46, who plays Father Gabriel on the hit AMC show, was arrested by Peachtree City Police on Sunday. Documents obtained by FOX 5 Atlanta state that officers pulled him over after clocking him driving down Georgia Highway 74 doing over 100 miles per hour just after 2 a.m.