Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Father Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by YR38, Feb 15, 2016.

1. YR38

YR38 Member

Redeemed? I'd say so, I loved what they did with him this episode. Made me actually like him as a character, and make the hate we had for him worth it for that payoff. Thoughts?

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

oh my goodness, yes! i was very excited to see him redeem himself here. up until now his character has been annoying and i was just wanting to see him go - but he finally understands the gravity of the situation and wants to start pulling his weight

3. KSH

KSH New Member

In general I really liked how they upped the game for many of the characters in this episode. Father Gabriel finally stood up instead of playing the innocent and helpless priest. I hope we get to see more of this side to Gabriel as well as the others (the alexandrian's helping Rick & co. and Denise trying her best with her medical skills, Eugine finally manning up)

4. Steppin' Razor

It was really nice to see. I hope this sticks. Didn't Eugene "man up" once before this, and then nothing came of it?

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Yes and no. See, I was moved by his speech and taking up arms in defense of the community... But he gave his word that he would watch over Judith with his life. You don't just leave the kid with a babysitter after making that promise. At least he let people in this time. ;p

6. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I hated Father Gabriel, but this episode redeemed him for me. He took care of Judith and then realized what my Grandma used to say all the time: Faith can move mountains, but you'd best pick up a shovel too.

I was glad to see him moving forward. This entire episode was kind of about leaving the old way of doing things behind.

Alexandria as a whole was trying to live as if the old world was still there, or would come back. This episode seems to make a break with that, they all understand now that if they are going to survive they can not be passive and can not wait for someone else to fix it.

They are each in charge of making things better. And they all stepped up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LoriG

LoriG Member

I really liked him in this episode

8. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

As a long time believer in FG I was pleased to see him, do himself proud. The amount of faith Rick placed in him was extraordinary, considering he really didn't like him at all.

9. walkon

walkon Active Member

After I saw the smile he had on his face when Rick tore down his posters I started holding out hope for Gabe. Apparently the prayer time he, Sasha, and Maggie meant something to him. I was rooting for him this episode and I believed he meant what he said.

10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

All this being said and I agree that he's been coming around....

I still would not trust him. He'd still have a long way to go.

11. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It's always good to see a character redeem himself...

12. Berry

Berry Member

Good thing Judith wasn't around to get the stray bullet...

Yay Gabriel!!!

13. KSH

KSH New Member

He did, yes. When they were at the warehouse and Tara suffered a head injury, when Nicholas shot at a walker with grenades attached to his vest. He rushed her to the car and distracted the herd with the car stereo. Sadly, he just went back to being a coward in the following episodes, but I'm glad to see, he redeemed himself in this episode.

14. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

I liked his religious speech (not that i am) about god helping those who help themselves. Maybe he is finally seeing the light regarding the ZA.

15. Steppin' Razor

Hope he doesn't just revert back again lol.

16. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I trust his intentions at this point, it's his capability that would give me pause. As a parent though, it would be hard to hand your baby off to someone who has turned on his own twice that you know of. But earlier he gave his word that he wouldn't turn back no matter what and followed through. This is really a leap of faith on Rick's part though, which is pretty much the underlying theme of this episode.
    If they eventually kill him off, I hope they turn him into a baddass zombie killer first.. Would be cool to see a dude in a priest suit kicking butt. Lol..would make taking communion a little weird.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yes, it's about time for him. I was very happy to see it. Let's hope he continues this. Really loved his quote about "dont pray, god has answered our prayers by giving us the courage to fight." Really great line there.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Probably. I like him as an actor, he's got such an intensity to him it adds to the show. I just hope he has a NON-intense mode, too.

19. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

He gonna die soon X(

20. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

It was great seeing him finally finding his courage ... and Eugene and Denise too. At least with Gabriel and Denise, I'm sure, they can build on that, I'm not so sure with Eugene