Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Father Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by YR38, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Glad he is making up for his past and hope he continues to do so. Just afraid that the writers will get us to liking him and THEN kill him off, lol.

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I got to talk to Seth Gilliam for a good while at the last WSC I was at. He was such a good guy and was pretty bummed that all the fans hate him so I'm glad that Father Gabriel got a chance to do something good and get some redemption. Maybe he'll get some love at the next convention!

3. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

He's an actor, what he portrays on screen is not him. It's a shame he would be treated that way. I think he played Gabriel perfectly. Very talented.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I know. That's what we talked about a lot. He said that so many fans can't distinguish between the actor and the character. He said that he gets death threats! People be crazy.

5. cycles

cycles Member

I was happy to see Father Gabriel's progress but he still has a creepy vibe about him. He has no option but to go along with Rick right now but will he turn his back on Rick's group when an opportunity arises? As Ionut said, he made progress he still needs to earn the groups trust.

6. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Ah thats nuts! He is a great actor, that fact that he has made FG so disliked has proved that. I think he got more out the character than was really in the comic. His redemption will be all the better for it. His speech, about manning up, that was great. In that moment, he stopped being scared, and was ready to place his hands into chosen religious leaders fate. I cheered.

I do feel sorry for the actors when the part they get in TWD is not great. Tyreese, Noah, The Alexandrian chap, who said he auditioned right at the start of season 1, Tobin? then got killed within a couple of weeks of getting some screen time.