Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Father Gabriel

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by skaaaa, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

lol. maybe its b/c 90% of my co-workers are gay but i never even batted an eyelash at Aaron and Eric. theyre actually probly the best/most realistic couple in TWD

2. Not-A-Pervert

Not-A-Pervert Member

90 percent! What line of work are you in?

3. TheILLness

im a chef at a restaurant/gay bar called Hamburger Mary's. its actually a chain. Milwaukee, Chicago, St Louis, Denver (i think), San Fran (of course) and ones opening in Berlin. gays, lesbians, trannies, drag queens. im around that shit all the time. pretty numb to it by now

4. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

I never quite trusted him myself, mostly for selfish reasons about the story I wanted to read. Thinking about it now how awesome would it be if he turned out to be one of the hunters himself. I mean he knew the area probably had seen those people before at some point. Father Gabriel could have eaten human meat at one point right? A year is a long time after all.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think they could have developed him better as a possible adversary against Rick's group at the Alexandria Safe Zone. A secret uprising against Rick by the more religious people, led by Gabriel, could be interesting. It was hinted that Gabriel didn't trust Rick's group in one issue, and then Gabriel just kind of faded into the background as a filler character after that.

6. TheILLness

hopefully Shiva eats him

7. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

his character isnt very clear he let members of his church die but he let Ricks group in? I was also under the impression that a priest would look to his faith in crisis but he just ran and hid. He just comes across as a wormy weak person and i'm not sure what direction he is going in.

8. TheILLness

yea ive never liked him, Spencer or Gregory. i REALLY hope all 3 die terrible deaths. maybe something along the lines of TV Dale

9. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

i dont think father Gabriel is a decisive man its annoying he will jump on whatever is the latest and greatest and on the way throw who he was with under the bus

10. TheILLness

doesnt sound like the virtues of a true christian. silly people and their religions

11. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

i just dont see him as a very devoted man when it comes to his religion

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I feel like Gabriel's potential has been wasted, so far. He's basically done nothing, and has no role in the story. And with the Saviours story gaining momentum, it's doubtful that he's going to have much of a role in the near future.

I kind of hope he dies by the end of the Saviours arc. He's probably the most boring current character.

13. Neuropyramidal

They had a chance to develop an interesting sub-plot with him when he went to Douglas and said Rick can't be trusted. But then that just disappeared. I agree, wasted character so far.

14. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

I hope he dies before he causes someone to.

15. JckLodini

JckLodini Member

He's proving to have some meaning in the plot, with is conflict against the groups actions, It could be interesting how he handles it.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I feel like he has been a waste of time and space. Not sure why he is even there unless there is going to be some big story coming up for him.

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He'll probably get some more development then get killed off sometime in the next 20 issues.

18. Blake

Blake Member

I hope he doesn't just get shot in this arc.
    He has a lot of potential. He's really been holding on to his beliefs as a Christian, and that to me screams an interesting character.
    I'm torn that he's gotten barely any screen time. I can't remember the last time we saw him. The funeral for Abraham?
    It would be interesting to see him cause the death of someone important, then commit suicide. Maybe he has the opportunity to kill a Savior, and doesn't, and that Savior goes on to kill someone. Gabriel catches Carl's Witness Guilt.

19. Neuropyramidal

He could become interesting if he rallies some religious folks together in a little cult that sees the ZA as god's punishment, and that Rick and other survivors are only making their god more angry by their actions. Something along the lines of the crazy religious subgroup that formed in Frank Durabont's 'The Mist'. So far his only useful role came in the first issue or two he was introduced, where he gave the group a place to stay while they battled the Hunters. After that, he just faded into the background.

20. cpump

cpump Member

Id like to see him developed more hes done barley anything since
    being introduced