Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Favourite Musical Moments of TWD

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by BlackBird, Oct 24, 2019.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I realise that there are probably some similar threads here already, - I've seen a sticky soundtrack thread just above, but it's not been touched for a long while, and it's not exactly what I've had in mind.
    The thought came to me in @Dnae's song thread for 10x02. My username was partially inspired by the wonderful Blackbird Song, that kind of embodies a lot of my feels connected to TWD, especially the early years.

Seeing this still sends shivers down my spine. The hopeless loneliness, good lord.

So I'm proposing a reminiscing thread here with favourite musical moments from the entire series. There have been so many. It would be nice to see a bunch of iconic scenes here with their accompanying music. Bittersweet memories and all.

Over to you, folks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh I like this. So many great musical moments

The final scene season 3 episode 16 - The lighting that was used coupled with Bear's amazing score....to this day will get me a bit misty eyed

And here is a version of the music with better volume

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Another musical moment for me was also during season 3. After they clear the prison yard and then cell block C everyone is settling in to their "rooms". This song is playing and the image that I remember vividly is Rick just sliding down the wall, completely exhausted. I miss him so much.

And I instantly fell in love with this song that I had to seek out more from Patrick Watson, who in my humble opinion, is a musical genius.

At the beginning he is chatting with the audience. The song starts around the 1:20 mark

4. BlackBird

Here is the scene....my goodness. So beautiful it hurts.

5. BlackBird

It's not so much the song here, but there is music, so it qualifies for this thread: one of my favourite scenes from the entire series:

6. BlackBird

So just one more from me. Music and visuals in perfect match:

What a fantastic final scene to a fantastic episode. The beginning of this beautiful family unit. Awesome song. It just works so well, and takes me back to the vibe of those prison days instantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Dunno if this was picked yet as I cannot listen at work. But this will always be my fave TWD song. End of the episode Arrow on the Doorpost.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Hopefully that is the actual song.......since....you know, I can't listen. LOL

9. BlackBird

Lol, it is the actual song. And here is the scene to go with it:

Serious Prison Nostalgia going on here. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. PepperAnn

Thank you! I suck at finding specific scenes. Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I like a lot of TWD songs and think that as a series they've had far more "hits" than "misses", musically.
    Two of my favourites are the one playing as Carol is sent driving into the sunset by Rick - and Spicks and Specks (Bee Gees) when Rick is trying to get his head around the impact of Jessie on his brain:D

• Like Like x 1