Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fear is by far the better show now

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Apr 16, 2018.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Have to say after watching 401 of Fear I havn't felt this way about the Walking Dead tv universe for about three seasons now. I honestly think I havn't seen a TWD episode that good since about season 6.

And at the end of the episode when we saw Alicia, Nick, and Strand again it made me realize that I am now completely more attached to Fear's characters than I am TWD's.

I honestly think TWD season 8 finale should have been the series finale for the show. I know that isn't going to happen because there is no way AMC is going to end one of their Walking Dead shows when they have nothing that can replace it in terms of ratings (though Fear doesn't get the ratings of TWD it is still easily the networks second highest rated show) but from a storytelling perspective this would have been the perfect point to end the show. They tried to tease a Maggie and Rick feud in the future but I seriously have my doubts much is going to come of that.

I am really excited for the future of Fear on the other hand. THese new showrunners really seem like they have a good grasp on this franchise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I thought they had something going with Season 3 but really? I do not like the gang in Season 4 at all. They all seem to be spoiled bratz or assholes in brewing. No one is trustwhorty and Daniel Salazar was right to be hostile towards them.

I rather prefer watching a Morgan spin off with him, the Cowboy and the journalist.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

sorry but in 1 episode they destroyed what was becoming a really good show in its own right

4. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i thought this episode was really fun to watch. i kind of liked seeing Morgan venturing out on his own and the new characters that were introduced. this definitely was a breath of fresh air for both shows. IMO they need to blend the two shows together some more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I love the new Fear and every new character we've seen, but that is just one episode of love.

I'm so glad there is a new location. Living in a desert, forever anxious about water, when you have the whole world to try out, made no sense at all to me.

I don't think I could ever love Fear more than TWD, no matter how good Fear becomes, because I have years of being invested in TWD characters. It will be great though, if Fear catches up.

6. murdoc

murdoc New Member

I've been enjoying fear more than the walking dead since 2nd half of season 2, and so far, season 4 is off to a great start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

so far they have a really promising season 4 going on. this is probably better than any recent TWD storylines IMO. The saviors arc just lasted way too long and had little to no unpredictability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just having a hard time connecting to any of these characters. The most interesting one, to me, was Nick. And well.....yea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

This has been true since the beginning of season 3. Fear's just better overall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It is much better. I never would have thought I'd give up on TWD and would only be watching Fear.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thus far season 4 of Fear is not the critical darling it is being hyped as. I much preferred season 3 of Fear

And I also prefer TWD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I understand.....I really am not as "invested" with these characters as I am the characters for TWD. By season 1 episode 1 I KNEW that Rick was going to forever and always be my numero uno. I have not yet had that connection with a character in Fear. And with each season of TWD I have connected to at least one new character while maintaining my attachment to others.

With Fear I really liked Ofelia (dead) Nick (dead) Troy (dead) and Walker (MIA)

13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Ok the above made me laugh out loud at work. Firstly, because you saying "connected" seems so blase and normal. Yet, your "connection" to Tom Payne, the magnificent, hunky, gorgeous, sexy, twinkle eyed hunk of man flesh is more that that. I even hesitate to use the word obsession since i share and understand it.

If ever a viewer "connected" to a character then my vote for top award goes to you g/f. LOL

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LMAO.....well yeah there is that!!!
    [​IMG]
    Sigh....I do love him in a very *ahem* healthy fan-girl sort of way. Not obsessed at all *she says while hugging her Paul Rovia pillow case ;)*

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

you should also never ever ever give up that siggy gif. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It's adorable.......right?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I admit to watching it a lot. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is one of my favorite gifs of Tom that I have made

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I'm not as invested in the Fear characters as I was with the TWD characters during it's early seasons. However almost everything about TWD has just been terrible for the last two seasons. The TWD characters through about season 5 still hold a special place in my heart. However now I just think it is time for the show to end and at this point any further development we get for the TWD characters just hurts them.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So you'd like them to end the show because, in your opinion, it's no longer good. Despite the other millions who still watch it?

• Winner Winner x 1