Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fear is by far the better show now

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Apr 16, 2018.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yes I do think it is time for the show to end. And I would imagine many of the people still watching it would rather it come to a conclusion instead of continuing to get dragged into the ground with each passing season.

• Old Old x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ok and what i'm saying is many of us don't think anything is being "run into the ground." They could potentially have a few more good seasons left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Member

FTWD does seem to be better than TWD now. I hated Madison and Travis but both of them grew and adapted to the Apocalypse and became badasses at the completion of the 3rd season. I would have liked to see Travis do a little more before they killed him off. Killing off Madison was a bad choice, IMO. The current cast seem like they have no real direction. Madison became the leader they needed. Nick was great from the start. Druggie or not, he was a true survivor.

Out of the new characters, I do like Althea and John Dorie. Honestly, if the rest of them died off I wouldn’t miss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

You're late to the party. Anybody who might have thought it was before season 4B has now changed their minds! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Not everyone. Though I think Season 9 of TWD is the best right now. I loved all of season 4 of Fear. "I got layers!"

I do hate the two trucker characters. I really wanted to like them cause i love Mo Collins but they have not written them well at all.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

They are the two that killed 4B for me. Well, them and weird teacher lady. I don't even remember her shtick it was so forgettable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was also ridiculous how they kept driving those trucks around. And it just wasn't the unlimited fuel issue, but how roads would be clear enough to navigate around as much as they did. The stupid trucker people supposedly got halfway to Virginia and then back with complete ease. A more realistic depiction of road conditions occurred back on TWD's Clear episode where Rick/Michone/Carl were stuck at one point trying to get around broken down vehicles. And they just had a car. The whole thing is laughable.

8. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

It's like finding gas that still sparks an engine or car batteries that still work. I really had to roll my eyes when the brewmiester (forgot his hame) jumped off the roof onto the cars and set off the alarms. It's not a stumbling block to my enjoyment of the shows though.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Even though season 4B of Fear was pretty bad I still think the main characters in Fear are better written than they are in TWD and (aside from 4B) they have done far better with original material than TWD has. Alicia is more interesting than anyone in TWD right now and Strand and a couple of the new characters from season 4 aren't too far behind.

TWD isn't a whole lot better than 4B of Fear when they try to go too far away from their source material. Just look at our last episode (which minus the Alpha scenes) was completely new material for the show. We had the Kingdom people stupidly trying to clear out a theater just so they could have some movie time (yeah I could accept that if we weren't that far into the apocalypse yet but not eight years or so into it). The Henry and Lydia running off together and Enid trying to convince them to come back was excruciatingly poorly written. Them trying to make the audience feel sorry for Lydia when everyone still alive on the planet has been through complete shit was just laughable. If they keep on going this route with Lydia her character will be ruined very quickly.

So though yes 4B of Fear was pretty bad its hard to say TWD is much better than that when they try to create their own original material.

And most of the time Fear blows TWD out of the water with original material and some of their best has been better than TWD since about season 5.