Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fence-Leg

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Dr. Geek, Feb 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

I think I know why they brought back, fence leg...it's so they have a useless character for Herchels daughter to eat when she turns into a walker. Someone will walk in and she will just be going to town on him in bed...that didnt sound right...lol

2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

LOL No that didn't sound right :p

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Haha...nope it didn't.

4. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

That sounded perfect! I for one got a good laugh out of it!

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

And it all makes sense now!

6. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Was anyone else yelling at their TV form them to just leave the guy? The guy was part of a group that just tried killing them and they risk their own lives and waste medicine on him? What? Look, I get that the show writers need to show that our group is good and decent but in reality they should have left him without a second thought. Survival is key in this new world. Why risk it? They didn't run to the aid of the other guy they just SHOT who was getting torn apart by walkers. So, why save this guy? Weird.

7. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Why Save Fence Leg?

Why risk your life in that situation? What good could come of it? Anyone? And don't say Rick did it to piss off Shane. That can't be a real reason.
    :zombies_confused:

8. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Because it's in Rick's nature to save the saveable. Simple as that.

9. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

maybe cuz they still have some humanity still? Remember what your concious feels like? Do you remember?

10. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Good for Rick. Still a bad choice. Self preservation above all in the ZA. Especially if you have a wife who is pregnant and a son back at the farm. As far as my "concious" goes. Yeah, it's intact. It's my conscience I'm worried about. Fence leg brought it on himself. Might need the medicine we wasted on him to save my wife in childbirth later down the road. "Sorry we have no medicine honey. Really needed to save the dumb guy who was going to kill me. I'm sure you'll be okay. Look, he picked you some flowers. Feel better? Isn't it great being a good person? Honey?..."

11. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I LOL'd a bit :Grin:
    But it might aswell swing the other way"Oh look honey, he's beating the zombies to death with his crutch, we're saved hooraay"
    Not to mention the guy has intel on the other group wich he's now more likely to give up, seeing as they left him with nothing but a meek apology.

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Preaching to the choir here. Personally I'd have had the compassion to give him a round to the forehead before leaving so he wouldn't have to experience getting eaten alive. But it would have been out of Rick's character to do that if there was any way to get him out of there, and there was. Rick's been consistently written throughout the entire series thus far. If he can save someone, he does. It's a trait that's as infuriating as it is endearing.

#12 Walker Bait, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  13. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I feel most peeps would try and save the dude, unless the zombies were just about on top of you...then you have to bolt and leave him! It was more of a reaction than a thought out gesture on Rick's part. The deeks were getting closer and the window of opportunity of doing anything medically had closed, amputation even was out of the question...so the 2 choices left were leave him or just 'rip the scab off'!! :shining:

14. padawanne

padawanne Member

I think Rick decided to save that kid because Rick was inherently a good-natured person. Being a police, he sure was used to helping people in need no matter what bad thing/s people did.
    I admit that it was a bad choice for Rick because he added another stress to Shane's already crumbling sensibilities, and he added one more person to be fed. However, maybe he did it because he did not want to lose his humanity.

15. AVC

AVC Member

There's also the plus that the guy could be used for intel. The guys that turned up in the pick up were inferring that there were more of them back at their camp. That's valuable info.

I wouldn't have wasted ammo trying to do a surgical procedure though. It would be tourniquet and rip the leg off the fence. Real fast.

16. AVC

AVC Member

One all the zeds started showing up. I would have bugged out. Waste of time waste of ammo.

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The only good reasons are what Randall can tell them about his group: are they hostile, what are their numbers, where did they come from, what have they heard, etc.

18. boutte

boutte Active Member

Maybe it's the old christian ideals of do on to others, I am my brothers keeper, love your brother as ye love yourself. You know all those ridiculous ideas that have helped formulate most of the best things in our culture. Maybe Rick is worried about his soul.

19. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I would've saved them. I honestly think the group and Shane were overreacting about him bringing the others back to bug them. They abandoned him to die. Who knows where they are.

20. Sixfootbrunette

No one else sick in their mouth a little when Rick yanked his leg off the fence? See if they actually cut his leg off, I would have turned the tv off like.