Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Field Walker

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by slw2082, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

What do you think the significance of the field walker that Shane saw twice was?

2. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I was curious about that. Maybe it was just a reminder that no matter what went on between him and Rick, there were worse problems out there.

3. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I didn't read much into it, other than as a reminder that dropping someone off on the side of the road with a bad leg & no wheels is almost certain death.

4. slw2082

Both good points. I feel like it had a bigger meaning, just I haven't decided what it was yet. Maybe not though. It was almost sad in a way but I can't describe why.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That it's dangerous to pick up hitchhikers. :zombies_lol:

6. slw2082

hahaha, good one!!! :zombies_lol:

7. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Yes that part was very dramatic. I also can't decide on what exactly it meant, but I love to hear what other people think.

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I too thought there had to be a message behind that as they definitely made that lonesome walker a point in that episode. I think it has to do with being "Lost". That walker seemed to signify being lost and alone, sort of what Shane was going through. Rick made a point of saying something like, "It's time for you to comeback Shane".

I think it has to signify being "Lost".

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Being lost...and that it takes a walker a really long time to walk across the field. Jeez it was like it walked in place!

10. Greyone

Greyone Member

As they're driving back, how is it that Shane is still viewing the walker through the passenger side window? Or did I just mistake that?

11. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

I was wondering the same thing. They definitely made it an obvious point.....twice.

12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hahah he wasn't just walking really slow, he was walking in circles.

13. ja41

ja41 Member

To put a less metaphorical meaning to it, I think it is foreshadowing that the walkers heard the gunshots and are on their way to the farm.

14. Greyone

Greyone Member

During the intial viewing of the walker- when it is far out in the field, just shy of the tree line- I thought it was significant. Rick was discussing winter, and how it must affect them. Shane notices it and seems to be in his own thoughts- as though he's contemplating some great philosophical point.

But as I thought on it I realized what the lone walker in the field most likely signified: the show's producers injecting "art" into the series. "Let's be deep and show this walker in the field just walking along, clothes blowing." "But what does it mean?" "Nobody knows what it means but it's provocative; it gets the people going!"

15. slw2082

Well that could be but then I would say they did a good job because it definately got me and some others thinking about what it means.

16. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hah...well it did get people going...in circles just like the walker!

17. slw2082

haha you got that right!!

18. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I'll have to re watch I thought it was going towards the farm, but obviously not since Shane saw it comming and going... maybe it is just forshadowing Shane becoming a Walker or feeling like he is on... out of place...head all screwed up could he identify with the lone walker?

19. slw2082

Yeah I thought it was walking away from the farm but I could be wrong. I do like the idea of foreshadowing like ja41 mentioned above. But I am re-watching the episode right now to see about Shane seeing it out the window on the way back too. Maybe Shane feels like he is alone in this new world because his views are so different than Rick's.

20. Fresh Meat

Fresh Meat New Member

Hahaha. I do agree that this was put into the show to get people thinking. Who knows what it means, it can probably mean any of the things that have already been brought up. Personally, when I saw it, I thought of it as: seeing a walker in the field is now the equivalent of seeing a horse galloping around. Earlier in this series, perhaps the characters would have gotten out and killed it, worried that it would eventually attack them. But the fact that Shane didn't even flinch or say a word of it shows that it's getting to be somewhat normal, or maybe they realize there are so many walkers out there that it's not even worth the trouble to kill one? Regardless... it was provocative indeed!