Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Field Walker

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by slw2082, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

the producers said they were gonna start to be more like the GN in that the biggest danger is other survivors, not necessarily the walkers. which makes complete sense imo.

"whats 50 walkers to a muhfucka like me can you please remind me?"

2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

When I first saw the walker in the field I thought; "Hey, that must be the stagger on role!". Seriously though, I took it to show that walkers are everywhere and that there is nowhere safe. No matter where you go, what you do, how secure you think you are, there is a walker somewhere just wanting to take a bite of ya.

3. Kursed Crusader

Kursed Crusader New Member

Yeah. I wonder why Shane didn't notify Rick? Anyone have a good idea?

4. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

The lone walker in the field is basically a metaphor for Shane. He is alone and wondering in life. Aimlessly looking. Especially now that he realizes he can't have what he wants. He's dangerous like the walker and sooner or later he will be dead. He figures that he and the lone walker have much in common. Even more than he has in common with Rick. He can identify with the lone walker. Though he does pity it, he is really no better off.

5. Damrod

Damrod Member

Walkers are every where and no matter were you look, their gonna be there. They rule. Sooner or later they will find the farm no matter how hidden or off road it is. They use no light disipline, so at night it is gonna be seen from a distance. They need to shut the lights off and go more under. All it takes is one. I like the Otis wandering back in idea.

6. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I want to see what Otis looks like now. He was a large man so I would like to see how he would look as a walker. I do find it funny that over half the country is obese but all the walkers on the show so far have been pretty small or average sized. When you become a walker does the extra meat fall right off your bones???

7. yuuyake

yuuyake Member

I believe the zombies ate all the extra meat. lol!!

8. slw2082

I am going to guess you are correct! Can you say zombie buffet? :zombies_lol:

9. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Well you can't really argue with Kirkman about this, but it seems weird to me. Why would the walkers start an urban sprawl? So far it just seems that they tend to herd and react to obvious stimuli & signs of life - sounds, smells, flairs, etc. They don't start thinking, "hey, downtown is running out of grub, maybe we should check out the countryside?"

10. Damrod

Damrod Member

But if you no longer smell fresh meat around and it seems to be coming from outside where you are then you start moving out.

11. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

12. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I think it was twofold:

One, just to show how casual everyone is about the wallking dead that just seeing one is like seeing a cow in a field.
    TWO, foreshadowing that the walkers may be heading towards the farm.

13. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

It probably did, right into other walkers mouths.
    I guess most of the obese people where to lazy to do things like "evacuate" or "fortify".
    Thus they died in their homes, not on the road.

14. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the episode, it was walking toward the direction they were coming from. Then at the end it was still walking the direction they were walking toward. To me, the initial symbolism was clear: trouble is heading toward the farm. The group's little sanctuary won't remain secure for long.

After rewatching the episode I think it might also have been a metaphor for Shane himself, feeling isolated and wandering on his own.

15. Fresh Meat

Fresh Meat New Member

I'm not sure I buy the whole "foreshadowing an attack on the farm" deal. If that was the case, wouldn't there be more bloodthirsty walkers heading that way, or is that poor lost soul the only one looking for dinner? Besides, there has already been foreshadowing for the inevitable walker attack, the corpse bonfire being clearest to me.

However, I definitely agree that this was meant to be a metaphor for Shane being the lone wolf, as well as what I've brought up in another thread, in short, walkers are now a part of the world, get used to it. Epic scene regardless.

16. Marijn Sluis

Marijn Sluis New Member

It's to show how the world is now an undead world.
    Interview with Kirkman:

17. Kursed Crusader

Kursed Crusader New Member

Would you like to provide a link for this information? Thanks. Very interesting though.

18. slw2082

19. boutte

boutte Active Member

Another interesting insight from this interview.

20. Mage505

Mage505 Member

I actually thought it was a living person at first. I believed it was some loner (believing it was Merle Dixon). But then when they called it a walker on the Talking Dead, I changed my mind.

I think it affected Shane with the "Lost" thing.

Even I felt bad for the zombie even though he would've attempted to eat them alive.