Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Field Walker

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by slw2082, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

I actually saw a post on facebook and it was intriguing. Is it possible that that walker was Otis? I only watched the episode once but it looked like a bigger guy which Otis was and to me it looked like it was heading in the direction of the farm since rick and shane were heading back to the farm and the walker was on shane's side heading in the same direction as the vehicle. Now i know from watching the TS 19 episode that once a zombie all traits of being a human go out the window, just be a "goldfish" and just eat and eat. But other good points being that theres just more and more zombies out there and the humans are becoming the minority. Is it foreshadowing i think definitely yes, why would that walker have so much camera time and two different shots at that? Another friend brought up that she thought it was a "conscience" thing for Shane and killing Otis. I was thinking it was Otis and he was heading back to his home but threw that out the window because of my above goldfish statement. The whole farm thing is getting kind of "old" IMHO and something needs to happen and I think a zombie invasion is heading toward the farm in the next few episodes. Another question, how are they not running out of ammunition? I never saw them hit the motherload of ammo in any episode ah whatever just a sidenote. So go ahead everyone and tell me that im on crack lol.

2. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

i wondered the same since the reason shane and rick went out was to make sure that there were no walkers in the area that they were to drop the guy off (sorry dont know his name) Does it mean that he just doesnt give a s*$& anymore????? Even though they were headed back to the farm you would still think that they would want to kill every walker in site. I guarantee that if shane was driving it would have been a whole different story.

3. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

well think about it like this. Atlanta is where it started and now either everyone is already a zombie or has left the area to get out of dodge. I had another post that compared the zombies to goldfish where there "brain" is basically wired to just eat so if the food supply runs out then even a goldfish would move to a different area to find food. Just like in the wild, the hunter follows the herd. Now zombies arent that instinctive to move fast IMHO but eventually are going to figure out that hey theres no one but us zombies here lets move elsewhere for food. I know i know, just tell me im on crack

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Ammunition is a concern with Rick; one of the first things he told Shane was that they needed to start using their knives against walkers. Shane apparently wasn't paying attention, because when they saw the first cop-turned-walker, Shane was about to shoot it.

5. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

true true true, very good point

6. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

Am i just thinking im replying to peoples threads and they end up a separate post. omg people if so im sorry, like "who is this guy talking too"

7. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

wouldnt a whole swam of zombies heading in the same direction they were headed "towards the farm" be to obvious? (to the audience) and if that was the case i think shane would have been like "hold the phone jerome" and tell rick. That would have changed the whole episode. them stopping to battle the whole herd, then get back to the farm and tell everyone blah blah blah. I think the producers were just doing a bit of foreshadowing of whats to come without tipping the hat too much.

8. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I really don't think the fieldwalker was Otis.
    Not unless he changed clothes and grew his hair long after death.

9. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

True! I saw the episode again and the field walker had fuzzy hair and looked to be wearing a black suit and tie.

10. Lizzie21

Lizzie21 New Member

i'm not sure about your other post about otis and shane feeling guilty and what not. i think it goes along with how he like the walker is alone is a way. what he wants he can't have and he is having a hard time coming to terms with it. i agree with what you said about everything starting in Atlanta. yes there are more people in the city but eventually everyone will have been eaten or turned into a zombie or already left. when Rick runs into the giant group of zombies in season 1 that was a ton of zombies. even a dumb zombie will eventually realize there is no more food and search elsewhere. despite all this, the music and seeing the walker all alone did kind of make me sad like someone posted way earlier. i'm not sure what it is about the scences that makes me sad, maybe because i'm from montgomery, alabama and i'm so close to where this was filmed that makes it seem more real i'm not sure. i just know this scene really got me thinking even after my boyfriend told me i was over analyzing it ha.

edit: i meant scenes not scences

#70 Lizzie21, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  11. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

lol ok, yeah maybe i should have watched the episode again before making that post. Maybe im reading too much into this I dunno. It just seemed significant in some way since they panned towards the walker twice.

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Basically, no matter where you are, there you are...there are walkers every where even on some isolated road in the middle of no where. You just can run from them.

13. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Marayso posted what Kirkman had to say about that scene. According to Kirkman, the only significance about it is that it's to show that more and more zombies are making their way out into the country, and start over crowding it as well. Perhaps they are roaming away from the cities in pursuit of more flesh.

14. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

yeah definitely makes sense, like i said im just over thinking this WAYYYYY to much. I should just take it at face value ya know? Thanks for the input.

15. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

Right and yeah thats what i was mentioning before moving out from the city because there are no humans left because there already zombies or they have fled. Moving on for more flesh def makes sense. Tank ya Zambi.

16. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

There isn't anything wrong with overthinking it, that is part of what makes the forums so much fun.

17. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree! Over thinking it and coming up with theories is part of the fun in discussing things sometimes.

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Now with that said, I'm sure we've all seen the previews that shows Walkers all over the farm?

19. sevenn7pure

sevenn7pure New Member

lmao nope not I, horray for that they need to get off that farm

20. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

No I didn't see that preview yet.