Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Field Walker

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by slw2082, Feb 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Neither have I, as I tend to avoid watching previews.
    Thanks for putting spoiler tags on that btw....

2. McNaMaradona13

McNaMaradona13 New Member

I like the idea that it signifies Shanes journey back into the group and the bigger issues then Lori are out there ideas. that being said i think it might be a sign that the walkers dont need to feed to live, they dont need fresh human flesh to remain alive. Probably something that hasnt been really focused on or thought of bc it might be apperently obvious but it kinda covers that basis for the show. Im really wondering about what Rick said, will the winter affect the walkers?

3. Marijn Sluis

Marijn Sluis New Member

He looks like (one of the) first walkers Rick encounters in Atlanta, the one waking up in the bus.
    -edit- Nope, just checked. Shirt's a different colour.

#83 Marijn Sluis, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I see that scene in a few different ways. I thought it was a beautifully shot a lone walker just walking along the field. Then it is maybe one scout headed out to find food - humans- and other soon would follow. Then there is this a parallel - a lone walker - outcast if you will for whatever reason and Shane looking out the window - seeing that his leadership was stripped,trying to come to the realize that Lori can never be his his and that his best friend would kill him if he was any kind of threat to his family.Feeling a bit lost and an outcast himself.

5. turbo6

turbo6 Member

I think it was supposed to symbolize Shane's feeling of being alone in this new world.

Right now he is at a major turning point with Rick and the rest of the group. I think now he might be reluctantly realizing than you can survive with a shed of compassion. However, I think he still has a strong feeling that the group will always look to Rick for guidance, and he feels he can be a leader but no one would respect him like Rick.

Regardless, his feelings of being the odd man out and how he decides to move forward are going to be major elements of the story to come. However, based on the previews it seems as if he still resents Rick and wants to call the shots.

6. John2find

John2find Member

I think it signified this:

When Shane saw the walker first time it was like the walker is going for persuading something. It(walker) has a reason and heading as if it knows everything, just like Shane had before when he was full confident that Ricks strategy is a sure way to death.

When returning Shane was aimless, so the Zombie appeared still walking, walking aimless. The Zombie represented the state of mind of Shane.

#86 John2find, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I am guessing that "Rule #1:Cardio" applies here......LOL