Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Filler thats all this episode was..makes me SWEAR

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Phantasm, Nov 27, 2016.

1. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

Just bad....I have nothing against Tara or Heath, but did all that time have to spent on this to seemingly hardly progress the story? This is the 2nd episode this season I have been left to wonder why an extended episode was needed to tell the story. There was literally no substantial dialogue until like 18 minutes in....ugh. :zombies_mad:

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt hate the episode but its not one I want to rush to watch over. It did have a recycled plot reminiscent of when Ricks group had guy at farm and debated killing him so he couldnt reveal location. For good measure writers threw in a minidumpster type scene. Oh no! Heath is dead. Ha Ha fooled you!
    The stuff in episode would have gone over better for me if it was shortened, cut up and the pieces put into other episodes. That extra long episode earlier could have had some things tightened up and part of this story squeezed in.
    I dont know that the use of flashback made this better storytelling. It didnt ruin the episode just at times this seems to me to be an overused technique to build suspense at beginning of an episode .

3. miltk

miltk Member

"filler" is pure fluff, which i think this was. bottom line,,,,did i feel the story in the same place as it was before this episode, and i think the answer is yes. someone mentioned the necessary intro of the female group as a potential to rearm alexandria with weapons. yeah,,,so. in the grand scheme of things, this episode follows the TWD pattern since seasonII, ie there is the 1st episode, the last cliffhanger episode, and filler episodes in between.

4. Znuts

Znuts Member

Maybe season 1 or first half of season 2 of Fear, but the 2nd half of season 2 of Fear was pretty good in comparison to what we've been shown so far in season 7 of the main show.

5. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

It's obvious Gimple is trying to slow down the pace of the show so it doesn't catch up with the comics. He's doing a pretty bad job at it. Sometimes makes me miss Mazzara with some of the lame decisions Gimple's made.

6. Heriot of Fire

Certainly wasn't the best episode and on quite a few points seemed a bit sloppy, but it did highlght how Tara was missed during her hiatus. She provides some much needed levity for this show not even Eugene can match.

7. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Fear the walking dead sucks as much as this episode with Tara.

8. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I SWEAR I will never watch this episode again.

9. Ink

Ink New Member

I actually really enjoyed the episode, more so than the Kingdom or even last weeks.

10. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

This episode was no different than last week's or episode 3 with Dwight.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Gimple is such a toadie to the comics, but with the exception of Abe's and Glenn's ratings/shocker deaths, he's keeping everybody alive!

For all of Mazzara's faults, at least he gave you the sense that nobody was safe.

12. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Show needs a new showrunner. I did like Mazzara around season 3 he made my jaw drop with how he did things kept me at the edge of my seat. Gimple is slow and his formula is prodictable!

13. WalkerBait789

WalkerBait789 New Member

I personally liked the Kingdom episode better than this one. At least that episode introduced Ezekiel who I found, not only to be entertaining, but also caring for his community's peace of mind through his theatrical persona and his effort to shield his people from Negan's evils. I particularly liked Carol and Ezekiel's scene in which they both revealed their true selfs to one another.

This episode, while it might have been necessary in certain respects, personally did not live up to my expectations of what a TWD episode should be.

The writing and acting felt off. The newly introduced characters felt one-dimensional and lacking. I just couldn't wrap my head around a community that would shoot-on-sight a clearly defenseless woman who obviously appeared to not be a threat. The humor felt forced, the action/chase scene felt out of place, the cordial atmosphere shown towards Tara did not make sense given they were just trying to shoot her moments ago. There is good filler and bad filler and this episode felt like bad filler to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

If I never saw this episode I wouldn't have cried that's for sure. The episode was odd and quite a few things didn't add up. Love Tara just not the episode. I'll take the kingdom over this community any day.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Mazzara was a bad writer with blood lust who didn't care for the story as long as he had someone he didn't like to sacrifice for shock value.

Gimple is formulaic, reduces a majority of plot development to finales and premieres, and then spends the episodes in between splitting the group into pockets we only see every 3-4 episodes, recycles some increasingly abstract variation of "the way things are now" monolgues and pretends it's character development.

Fans can't win with these guys. :(