Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Final Fantasy VII (PS4 Remake)

Discussion in 'Battle Royale and Video Games' started by Strife, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Strife

Strife Member

After years of fanboys begging, re-releases of the original version on every platform, the dream has finally came true.

I'm not sure if there are any FF fans on the forum, but this particular game had a large influence on my early gaming life. Cannot wait for this to come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

There's been no mention of release date, presumably we'll be waiting a while for this one.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This was definitely one of my top two or three games I ever played. It's realy no surprise that Square is doing this now as the Final Fantasy franchise has been steadily losing steam ever since the release of FF 10. Makes just as much since to remake an old game than it does to make a brand new one that will only continue the path that the franchise has been on for the last decade or so.

I definitely won't buy a ps4 just for this game but I will watch a playthrough on youtube.

3. Robert Kirkman

I'm worried it'll turn out to be crap, but I am looking forward to it, too. I hope it surpasses the original without altering too much. I'm actually surprised this is being spoken of on here, though. :zombies_lol:

4. Kyo

Kyo New Member

I am looking fwd to playing it again...but FF7 is my least favorite of the entire series. I would have been over the moon had it been a FF6 re-make or re-release :)

I am glad it's not exclusive though...so more people can enjoy it.

5. Strife

Strife Member

FF6 was remade for portable consoles with all the cutscenes remade if that counts.

6. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Eh, didn't really care for that remake to be honest, lol. I guess I really wouldn't want to see it remade if I think about it as I find it pretty much as close to perfect as a game can get.

7. Strife

Strife Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

LOL, Square Enix is going to release the remake in a series of "episodes." I knew they'd screw this up somehow. It's been ages since I played this game, but don't you have open world access to do any number of sidequests and missions in different order after leaving Midgar? I wonder how they're going to self-contain that...

9. BigBlue

BigBlue Member

I just hope for Materia and similar Summons. I'll actually buy a PS4 for this.

Any updates?

10. Athanas

Athanas New Member

I really like the final fantasy series, especially the FFIV.