Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

FINALLY a shield formation

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by DavidDavidaon, Oct 10, 2019.

1. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

I'd been complaining about the lack of shields for about 2 seasons now. It's great to see shields actually being put to use now. Honestly I would have preferred shield and pike/halberd formations (probably the worst thing for any footsoldier, or walker to run into) but shield and javelin (they look a little heavy for javelins, but too light to be pikes; so "light spears" maybe?) formations are fine too.
    Good to see that they open ranks to let lighter armoured fighters out too
    Now all we need is improvised plate armour, or someone to smith ring or chain armour to protect against Walker bites.
    A good chain hood, against, gauntlets and gambeson would make someone pretty much immune to walker bites.
    Not to mention the survivors have access to aluminium, which, while not as durable as iron or steel is much, much more lightweight; not particularly good versus arrows or bullets, but it would be a lightweight solution to walker bites.

Plastic plate armour (nylon or polycarb) would be excellent too; riot shields could be cut up and shaped into full suits of plate armour.

Edit; I just got to the part where they're fighting the fire. If they can make back mounted waterguns then they can make flamethrowers.
    Since the whisperers showed up I've said they should use flamethrowers. People are naturally disposed to panic when on fire, it takes a great deal of self control not to do so. Hosing suspected whisperer groups down with a flammable liquid such as a mix of biodiesel and lighter (more flammable) hydrocarbons then lighting it would cause them to break ranks.
    Eventually they would panic if they saw anyone spraying walkers down, even if it was just with water.
    And if they can't produce enough oil, they could scavenge or make lye (caustic soda) very easily. Lye will cause blindness and severe chemical burns; granted it doesn't cause immediate pain but it does a whole lot of damage. I spilled lye solution on my hand before and didn't rinse properly. A few hours later the skin started peeling. It wasn't pleasant.

#1 DavidDavidaon, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

We need flamethrowers or hogweed bombs to separate the Whisperers from the zombies whenever herds or groups approach our heroes.

• Like Like x 2