Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Finally DITCHES!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by charlieez, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The ultimate ditch maker.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it would be all around stupid to drive a loud slow giant backhoe out of Atlanta to the prison. Might as well be the pied piper for death by zombies.

A flatbed could work. We don't know how they intended to have a trench before they realized it was impossible.

4. Retard_O_Doom98

Not to mention what would happen if they ran over a bunch like Daryl did and got stuck.
    using the flatbed on both sides of the fence would work in supporting it and making it slightly tougher for the walkers to push on the fence.

5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

You're thinking like me. A moat is a good idea, but vastly labour-intensive if backhoes are not available, or if fuel is at a critical point - which I suspect would be by now. It'd take them a while, but building a defensive barrier of wooden spikes, like they had at the gate, and as Morgan had in various spots around town, would be ideal. Make it about 5-6 ft. deep, spikes protruding outward and upward, right at the outside fence and running right around the prison. This would keep walkers from reaching the fence, protecting it from becoming weakened. All they'd have to do is run a patrol around every morning to get rid of the skewered walker-bodies. And I'm guessing there'd be no shortage of wood to make this, given the vast area of forest surrounding them. Yep, it'd take them a while to complete it, but it could be done.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It would not be any louder then Daryl's motorcycle. Like I said, a lot of them are already sitting on the back of a flatbed anyway..

7. Neuropyramidal

One thing I have to agree on is that Daryl's motorcycle is a pretty dumb idea in a ZA.

8. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Motorcycles can be quiet. From factory they aren't that load, then motorcycle douches modify them to make them really loud.

But, I agree the loud motorcycle is technically dumb. They're just doing it for fun.

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

OMG, we actually agree on something. I am lost for words.

10. Neuropyramidal

I think we agree on more than you think. You've just brainwashed yourself with your own straw man about half the posters here being 'fan-boys'. The reality is that most of us also do a lot of criticizing, and I criticized most of season 3. Hopefully you'll put away your straw men and actually have some logical discussion. We'll start with the motorcycle. ;)

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

While there are some helpful advantages to a motorcycle I agree Daryl's isn't a very good idea.

I don't think that supports the backhoe. That just makes 2 bad ideas instead of 1. The backhoe is much slower too. By the time daryl is past it's done and maybe he gets somewhere the trucks can't. The backhoe is huge and slow. It makes it impossible not to be followed and gives way more time for them to do it.

12. Neuropyramidal

Right, the idea of a backhoe is crazy in a ZA. Its like "lets see...what qualities do I want my ZA vehicle.....slow..AND loud". At least the motorcycle is loud and fast. But even a quiet motorcycle I would decline because the first time you drive into a large herd unexpectedly, you're in a bit more trouble than if you were in a car with the windows rolled up.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Logical? I consider myself the Spock of this forum.

[​IMG]

14. Neuropyramidal

No doubt you do. And who knows, if you start discussing things rationally instead of using ad hominem 'fan-boy' type remarks for everyone who disagrees with your criticisms, maybe you could even fulfill your dream and become a spock-type here. ;)

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

A backhoe on a flatbed truck is very doable....... and do not even try to say they can't put that one together.

16. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I like Daryl a lot. Does that make me a "Fanboy".. I just think he is a cool dude.

18. Neuropyramidal

Its not about whether they can put it together or not. Of course they can. They can also put together a mobile swing-set if they want. It doesn't mean its a viable solution, lol. I know you're married to your backhoe idea, but it just isn't a good one, that I can see. For so many reasons: loud...slow...gas guzzling [would need major gas refills after relatively short distances]. Its just not worth it.

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Didn't I just say the flatbed would work in my other post? Whether or not using one once they get it there is smart is a whole nother story.

Your response sounded like you were replying to driving it without a flatbed...

20. Neuropyramidal

Yeah....the last thing i'll be needing in a ZA is getting a flat bed truck to tow a backhoe on. ;) :).

well, no, not the last thing. The VERY last thing I would be thinking about would be Canadian hummus.

Actually, that's not even quite true. I might crave that on Sunday afternoons. Ok, the VERY last thing I would be thinking about in a ZA would be Pauly Shore. At least his last 3 movies. And I met Pauly Shore. And still, I'd waste no time on him.