Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Finally, Michonne is showing some personality!

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Emdier, Mar 3, 2013.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

I agree! They're definitely starting to make Michonne more three dimensional. It's not taking away from how badass she is, but it makes her more likable!

2. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that, he said what? and he smiled :) , Carl was smiling a little bit too, very sweet

3. impliedword

impliedword Member

i wonder if her she meant she talked to her zombie bf, one of the ones in chains.

4. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

I think she meant that she talked to the dead boyfriend like someone might talk to an imaginary friend & not necessarily like Rick did.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I loved that moment. It's like Rick was really hoping that Michonne could be trusted, and hearing Carl saying that he liked her sealed the deal. That was beautiful.

I really like Michonne in this episode. I've always liked her for her badass-edness, but we really got to see a different side to her. Up until now she's been so serious and cold, it was great to see her add some warmth to the character. And she was funny. The 'welcome' line and the cat sculpture made me laugh out loud.

6. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought it was great that Michonne has chosen to be part of the group. She has been obviously studying them and deciding if she could trust them. I think this episode was a wake up call for both her and Rick because Morgan chose the opposite way and is currently living in a never ending Hell of his own making.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

That is what I took it as. Probably before she and Andrea got together.

8. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that's how it was in the comics, wasn't it?

9. apiratesaysarrr

Wasn't she talking when she was totally alone though? I mean, sometimes people would overhear her, but I thought I remembered her sitting outside kind of having like, a conflict with one of them when she didn't have the pets with her? Like, did that happen on several occasions or am I remembering crap that didn't happen? I mean, it happens to me from time to time, really, it does so I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't true.

Had a vivid memory of my sister returning my comics only to find they weren't in the place I put them. Called her, she said she still had them. I made her look at them and tell me that. Psh. I remembered very specific details of this happening. . . and it didn't.

Shit, I'm probably as crazy as Rick, once I type that out. oops.

10. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I think she meant she talks to thin air. She has a conversation but he is just in her head.

11. raven n

That sounds like her. For her to admit that she talked to her dead boyfriend was like admitting weakness (for her) & that she allowed Rick to see that part of her made me like her even more. It's obvious she likes & respects Rick (& clearly likes Carl) & what he's trying to do. She can see he has no ulterior motives - unlike the Gov. - he's just a good guy.

12. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

I expected her to open up eventually. I also expected her to have a softer side (we saw a glimpse when she believed Penny was an actual child). However, the sense of humor I did not expect... I really dig it... "The mat said welcome," and the bit with the colorful cat. Fun stuff. As a matter of fact, with Axel gone, i would love to see her fill that void. The lighthearted stuff was great.

13. ryannasaurus

ryannasaurus Member

It was nice to see some happy interaction. Most of the episodes are just people that are angry or people that keep on worrying. So this episode was definitely refreshing for that reason.

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I thought her use of comedy was great in this episode. She was funny, but not in the way that we were unable to take her seriously. Perfect balance between humour and seriousness.

15. raven n

I knew she had hidden depths.

16. raven n

It was nice to see Rick stick up for Michonne. And he could see that the Gov. is untrustworthy & will screw them all over even if Rick gave him what he wants. And he was right too. I think the Gov. has bit off more than he can chew with Rick's group, but he's too arrogant to see it. I think it will be the death of him.
    Milton has also become disenchanted with the Gov. & may become an ally. I could see he liked Hershel & would love to count him as a friend, but I'm afraid he's not long for this world (it looks like the Gov. is gonna kill him, along with Andrea - big surprise there).
    I think Rick & the group will use what Morgan did - booby traps & kill boxes - to deal with the Gov.'s people & if he's smart, he'll smuggle the baby out until it's over. That's what I'd do, that way I would have one less thing to worry about, at least.

17. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I thought that Rick's complicated facial reaction was him realizing that a lot more went down in the crib run than Carl had let on. Realizing that this stranger whom he hadn't quite decided to trust had saved probably his kid's life. Tough stuff for a dad.