Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by Stealth, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Episode 1009 has been opened

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I KNOW!!!!!!

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The half point break is waaaayyyy too long. Can't be good for audience score.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Stealth

It felt longer this year, the time inbetween halves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think you are correct. And in the past the MSP has aired the weekend after the Super Bowl (and the super bowl is usually the last weekend of January or the first weekend of February)

But this year the Oscars (or some awards show) aired the Sunday after the SB - they probably scheduled the return of TWD later this year so as not to compete with either of those network offerings

Episode 8 aired on 11/24 and 9 will be on the 23rd

In season 9 episode 8 aired on 11/25 but episode 9 aired on 2/10

So about 2 weeks added to this years wait for MSP

Hell, in season 8 the MSF was 12/10/17 and MSP was 2/25/18

#5 Dnae, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It won't matter.

7. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

Feels like it took forever to come back this time. They need to eliminate the half way break I'm tired of it lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I've never understood the point of the half way break tbh. It just gives you time to lose interest in a show somewhat as you can lose the thread of it and forget how good you thought it was. We don't have them in England so it's been a new experience for me with TWD over the years. Just have shorter seasons maybe? Certainly, for me, seasons 6,7 and 8 were made longer than they needed to be. The Negan years dragged.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

It's so they don't have random re-runs throughout the year. The networks want the seasons to last longer than just a few months out of the year so they either have random reruns throughout the year and shorter mid season break. Or no reruns and a longer mid season break.

10. Stealth

Your typical cable show runs from 8-12 episodes per season. With TWD going with the 16 they break it up because they don't want to be running new content over the holiday season. They might feel too that there could be some audience fatigue watching the show for 4 months straight.

11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I didn't even know it was back until I saw where my DVR had recorded it!! I despise the mid-season break!

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I agree the break could be shortened to maybe 4 to 6 weeks, although historically the MSP has proven to provide a bump in ratings for the show. Almost like a Season Premiere would. Last couple seasons that bump hasn't been as significant, but this year episode 1009 had about 400,000 more viewers than the average of the 4 episodes before it. So surprisingly the break doesn't seem to hurt ratings. My guess is ratings would drop even more if they aired the show through the holidays, and people thus got behind.

Either way, I'd like to see a break from more like maybe early December to Early/mid January.

13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Maybe now... but during seasons 1 to 5 I'd have watched TWD for 12 months straight - with absolutely no fatigue:D:D:D