Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First 5 pages of issue 94

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by marsyao, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

Can we all agree that Paul seems just a little too slick to be completely trusted. There is no way that someone who appears as intelligent and capable as Paul does will not enter into any kind of situation not knowing if he was going to come out ahead. What I mean is, this whole trading system between communities may work, but Paul's group, with the numbers, will always hold some kind of advantage.....Rick does not work well in those kind of situations, not being in complete control is not an option for Rick....

2. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Paul is a smooth operator for sure but I don't get any bad vibes about him. He could have at any point taken out Rick and the others sleeping in the van and done so knowingly that Rick was the leader and the others was his trusted people. Then had a small group attack Alexandria. I mean who knows but at this point I think everything is on the up and up.

3. Voski

Voski Member

I was having a feeling that Jesus was exactly what he said he is but Rick and the group keeping him hostage would turn his group against him .. but it looks like it won't go that route.

4. aahe42

aahe42 New Member

I understand he had the power to escape and kill at any moment but would it be realistic to? By having these people come with him to his place they could take them as prisoners and then take Alexandria almost like the Governor tried to do, I'm not saying this is what i think but a possibility. Hes to smart and slick something aint right and I'm surprised rick and the rest are eager to find out. From the look of #95 there is something going to happen. The theory I find most plausible IMO is rick being the enemy not in a sadistic/psychotic sense, but from his defensive and hostile actions he pisses the group off and starts a feud.

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Paul's group out numbers Rick's group like 3 to 1...Paul is like 20 people him self and is good friends with another large group. So I think Paul and his group(s) could have easier over taken Rick's group. This has me thinking Paul is on the level....that and Carl did dent shoot him which is saying a lot.

6. aahe42

aahe42 New Member

I understand they outnumber him(by what Jesus is saying) and could probably roll over their defenses, but with someone as smart as Jesus that would not be the best way to do it. I know he does not know the governor, but it didn't work out well for him and he out numbered and out gunned ricks group, plus the group was so scattered and unprepared. Not to mention that even though the Governor was sadistic/villain he was taken care of people who probably weren't all bad some that probably couldn't defend themselves, so these numbers of the hilltop group could be big but are all willing to attack a community in open combat. Again I'm just speculating and I don't think they will turn this group into another wood bury. BUT.. Next issues cover is insane, plus the fact it says they are unprepared for this... so there is something more to Jesus/Kenneth or hes just a red herring. Its hard to tell by his actions if Jesus is a good guy or bad guy, and I don't think Carl has the absolute best judgement at the moment... he's grown up a lot but hes still a naive kid. I'm thinking were in for some surprises I seriously can't wait for #95!

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Meh, I think it's all on the up and up with Paul but we'll see.

8. Peanut Q. Public

i wouldn't be surprised if the whole Jesus thing pans out and it becomes an alliance of sorts. it would be nice if the reason that the spoiler pictures show dudes with weapons is because they begin a zombie clearing project with the other groups.

9. aahe42

aahe42 New Member

Trust me I hope Jesus is a good guy, the community needs some good news, some encouragement to keep moving on. But seeing how we have the old group(camp,farm,prison) on the road to this new place(all but Maggie and Sophia) and the community is left in other hands I think something big might happen.

10. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

If it happens, is going to happen but it's not going to happen until the next story arc.

11. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

This is what Charlie Adlard had to say about Paul Monroe.

Paul Monroe appears to be a bad ass thus far, besting both Michonne & Abraham in combat, and his original art pages have sold extremely well (I don't know anything about it lol). Without letting any cats out of the bag, can you give us any insight as what his role may be in the future?

"Well, let's just say that he's not going to be just a fly by night character. Both Robert and I love him already and he's only been around for few issues."