Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First 5 Pages

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by marsyao, Mar 24, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

#21 marsyao, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Peanut Q. Public

marsyao i really appreciate your posts but you need to remember not everyone has read the comics and maybe try some spoilers when you post stuff like that

3. Negan

Negan Active Member

Then why are you in the comic section or the people you might be reffering to?

4. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

This is the comic book section and not the TV section. We're free to discuss the books at will...that and the above mentioned material is published on the Internet anyhow. AMC even has 8 pages of issue 95 posted on their website.

5. Negan

Negan Active Member

They do? O well might as well wait for tomorrow.

6. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

7. Peanut Q. Public

like i said i appreciate the post, i've read the comics, i just want to be sure not to spoil too much for people who haven't read the comics. and thank you marsyao. you're awesome :)

8. Negan

Negan Active Member

Not trying to be mean, but somebody who hasn't read the comic who clicks on "Issue 95" must be stumbling along or something, but, anyways, can't wait for tomorrow.

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Interesting, I wonder if their about to recreate the Governor arc in a sense? Paul maybe on the up and up but his group maybe divided or the neighboring group is turning into a Woodbury? If you look at the covers for 96-102, it really looks bad!

Really examin the cover to issue 102 tell me if that person rings a bell?

10. marsyao

marsyao Member

Or another possibilities: "However, in a thriving community he is seen as a monster, and Kirkman does little to hide this fact.", could that be Rick who transforms to governor? If it does occur this way, it would not surprise me

11. Negan

Negan Active Member

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hate it If they try to do something like that in the next one hundred issues. I'd like to have just one promise or compromise in the series legitimate.

12. Peanut Q. Public

i think you're awesome but i can see already that we differ on our opinions of spoilers. i agree that we're free to discuss the comics, and i think people who get really bent out of shape about spoilers need to shut up because hey, its the internet, if you don't want spoilers, stay off the internet, but i also think that the liklihood of someone coming to this section because they haven't read the comics and want to know if they should is highly possible, and that they might be grateful if we don't just put spoilers right out there in everyone's face. i'm not a mod, or an admin, and i don't expect people just to do what i say, i'm not mad at anyone, and i think i asked pretty nicely. so no need to argue.

lol i still think AMC is the worst about spoilers.... if you look at the schedule on AMC, it will show everything airing in a 6 week time period along with a short description of it. when we're talking tv shows, that includes a brief episode description. so thanks to AMC we knew long before they made it to the farm that there would be a farm. so yeah AMC gives the best spoilers, i don't think we can use them as our standard when deciding acceptable spoilers.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

Kirkman has a habit to create a very promising place, safe and happy for everybody, then smash it into pieces mercilessly

14. Negan

Negan Active Member

But this is different. It is not just one group, but a whole community, unlike the Estates, the farm, the prison, and it is definitely not evil like Woodbury.

15. Peanut Q. Public

and i frikkin LOVE that about TWD! i really don't see the whole Woodbury arc going down the same at all. Rick, Glenn and Michonne are not likely to repeat the comic mistakes in my opinion as far as how they got there, so the question of how they introduce the governor is gonna be quite interesting.

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

But things could get of hand easily go out of hand, that hilltop is prosperous, but they do not have ammo, their guards were only armed with spears, that Jesus should not allow all of Rick's group to enter their community in my opinion. If something goes wrong in their meeting, can not reach an agreement for the trading, then either Rick's group or members of the community become aggressive, thing would go bad fast.

17. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I took a Hiatus from the Walking Dead at issue 48. So I haven't always been the person who was current with the books. When the time came for me to pick up the series again, I was smart enough to realise if I wanted to avoid spoilers, I avoided threads that talked about the series...especially ones that are titled by an issue number higher than my current issue. So I'm not going to loose sleep worring if people can count or not. That and waiting around for the remaining 95% of the planet to get cought up before I can stop using spoiler tags on a 10yr on comic series is a little akward. That is worse than the TV series and having to avoid titles that includes infomation that happened a year ago.

Yes sir, just look at the reaction Rick's group received at Alexandria.

Yuppers, I also cringe when ever he puts someone into Rick's life.

18. marsyao

marsyao Member

And let us see who could be next killed off in Rick's group, I think Rick and Carl should be safe, and since Michonne was just introduced in the TV, so I do not think it would risk upsetting TV viewers to kill her off now, I would say Glenn and my dear Andrea are on the danger list.

19. Peanut Q. Public

where are you finding the pictures of the covers?

20. Peanut Q. Public

duh i just saw it on the wiki sorry. yeah that totally looks familiar. awesome.