Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First 5 Pages

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by marsyao, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

You can find them on the Internet but I like to check out the original art...the cover for 102 is for sale for about 1400.00 I think.

2. badass316

badass316 New Member

Does anyone know what time #95 normally becomes available? Midnight maybe?

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Raw comics are probably available about the time time shops open which is generally around 11:00am-12pm. I'm not sure about digital comics.

4. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

the damn AMC link isn't showing anything, seems like a flash/adobe thing

The OP's link worked for me though but darnit, I want to see more!!!

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

Now I am confused, I recalled that Jesus told Rick that their leader is Kenneth, then who is that Gregory guy?

6. cheesy

cheesy Member

Finally i figured out the whole spoiler thing lol. twice i have accidentally posted the spoiler below the box! it was hard to see the cursor on my phone and i thought i had to type next to it.. ooops!

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Anyone read 95 yet?

Well it looks like Pauls group has it going on at first appearance. They got a secure location with housing, farming, and water. But the last pages doesn't look good. Well first of all it's not Abraham attacking Rick and it's more like Rick defending the leader of Paul's group. Then it looks like they got issue with a near by group...really sounds like a Woodbury situation unfolding but who knows.

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

#48 marsyao, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Ya, everyone seemed freaked out about it but what really stood out to me was the expression on Paul's face. I can see how people locked up in a secure place like Alexandria and Hill Top can over time seemiling forget about teh dangers that face the group outside those walls. But Paul has spent time out side those walls dealing with Walkers and observing raiders etc. So I was surprised to see him looking surprised about the events that unfolded.

This could go several ways i guess but I can't help but think it will resemble Alexandria where Rick's group has the stones and the know how to survive while the others unable to fend for them selves living in a false sense of security settlement.

One thought that really comes to mind, I can't help but think the colonies need to devise a system in which everyone age 18yrs or older makes supply runs or is sent out side the gates periodically to kill the occasional walker. I think this would go a long ways towards survival and not being complasent.

As for Hill Top, I really like the 360 degree look out post that is able to see for miles. This would allow the community plenty of time to prepare for hords. Example would be they could send out a small group to distract the hord in a different direction.

10. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

I do not think zombies are much of a worry anymore, they have moved past that as a hoard can be dispatched rather simply by a few now it seems (or by Michonne herself).

Picture each of these communities in the "Larger World" as a tribe. Yes, I know Paul said they trade back and forth all nice and proper like, and they are trying to recreate a society/civilization....this other group took a hostage (perhaps paul was not entirely forth coming, what purpose does it serve him to be?).

Iit is only a matter of time until there is war between these communities, numbers will be crucialr as will guns/ammo (Paul's community has none...spears, really - imagine a group throwing spears at tin cans lined on a fence), which is why Paul probably has been so nice to Rick seeing as acquiring Rick's group would satisfy both underlined words.

I think the look on Paul's face may have said, "oh****, maybe this will actually be Rick acquiring my group"....I am prepared to see this story move onto all out societal war between communities fighting for resources/control of safe havens --- this is how any civilzation starts...even one recovering from ZA.....

11. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

Darwinism will never be more tested than it is about to be I believe leading up to issue 100. Why can't these issues be released weekly :hatchet:

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Paul has been gone for two weeks, a lot can happen in that amount of time...especially in the ZA. These tribes as you call them could have pissed off one another and started a trible war.

As for hords, their far from over. Walkers out number the living like 300-1 and their located on the up Eastern Seaboard. DC for example only has 500-600k people but NY, NY, Boston, probably combined has 30-40 million people. That is a lot of hungry walkers ready to spread out looking for food.

13. Negan

Negan Active Member

They better not try to pull a Woodbury again. But, who knows. The next arc is called Something to Fear and they are in the smack dab middle of the community. Stupid.

14. MitchRapp

MitchRapp Member

Eesh can u imagine all the zombies from NY/BOS/PHI/NJ/etc... leaving major cities for food.... 50 million zombies marching....... ouch.

Someone give Rick a nuke!

15. MitchRapp

MitchRapp Member

We don't know who the kid Rick killed is ... could be smoeone's son, someone's brother.
    Hell imagine it's Paul's lover.

Patience...

16. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Eeww! But ya, you're absolutely right.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

I have not read the issue yet, so have to ask
    1) if Gregory is the boss, why did Jesus told Rick that Kenneth is their leader?
    2) when Rick and Ethan were fighting, why didn't Paul or Michonne intervene? Either of them could easily stop the fighting without letting anyone got killed

18. marsyao

marsyao Member

The safe environment may be soft the residents of the hilltop community, but I would be hesitate to think they are weak, we all know what kind of hell Rick's group went through to survive so long, and I would not anyone who survives as long as Rick was just because of luck, they must have something inside them.
    I would guess the impression on Paul's face is not because he sees Rick kills someone, it is about who Rick kills

19. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

1) good question? Maybe Gregory is some self appointed leader or maybe there has been a cue?

2) Gergory pulled Rick aside to talk while Paul gave Michonne and Carl the dime tour. I think the event was over by the time they saw the aftermath.

20. marsyao

marsyao Member

That makes sense, and I wonder what other group wants from hilltop, if it was me, I find out there is such a rich but unarmed place, I will claim they are under my protection, I will install a garrison there, protect them from walkers and other groups, in exchange I will demand they pay a tax of 30% of the products from their farm, that would be far better than trying to take over by force, since I do not know a thing about how to tend a farm