Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First impressions on Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Voncroy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

The title says it all...

We got very little of Michonne, but I really, really like how she's played. Exactly how I imagined her.

Her voice is deep with a particular accent.

The sword action seems acceptable so far.

She also feels like a true survivor, I love when she's walking to where Andrea is resting full of walkers outside and she just walks very calmly without worrying too much.

Can't wait to see how the group will react to her, specially Daryl who has such a big fanbase.

2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I really liked what they have shown so far with Michonne as well. The one thing I hope is that they have a more fitting backstory in regards to the Katana. That way some people will back off the Michonne hate.

One thing I really enjoyed was how she was so caring. As some of us know, for as much as a badass she is in the comics, she has great empathy for her friends. Which is also why she has a "hard" time.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Michonne is my second favorite character and I'm damn glad to see her on the show. It looks like they ripped her right off the comic page and put her on screen. Perfect!

4. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

That's actually something I am worried about.
    Mazarra said he hates flashbacks. However, Michonne DOES need flashbacks to explain her "pet zombies" and katana. The same goes for the Governor or even Merle. I fear these three characters may lack development and some explanations.

About Michonne, I too think she's probably the character that seems to be more accurate with the comics. Danai was the perfect casting IMO and I really love Michonne and Andrea pair. Very surprised!

5. Gajt530

Gajt530 New Member

Pet Zombies

Any idea what the point of the pet Zombies are for? I guess with their jaws cut out they can't hurt her, but what do they do to help? Do they keep other zombies away somehow?

Also, I remember in the pilot Rick and others doing something to prevent zombies from discovering them. Did they rub blood on themselves or something? I can't remember. But whatever they did, why don't they do that often. Thanks

6. rabscuttle1

Zombies see her walking with zombies and they're fooled into think she is one of them, and by the time she's close enough for them to notice that she's alive their heads are flying through the air. Those two zombies by the way are her boyfriend and his best friend. At least that's who they were in the comic.

7. cheesy

cheesy Member

she discovered that when she is with her pets and wearing her hood the other zombies don't seem to notice her. The group probably doesn't get to bath often and the zombie guts stink is my guess.. That our the writers forgot about it.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There's not too much to go off of with only one episode, but I think Gurira is a spot on casting decision. Not only does she look like Michonne, but what little dialogue she had with Andrea seemed just like her character. A hardened survivor but loyal to the end.

9. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

The 2 walkers are there to mask her scent so she smells like a walker so she won't get attacked.

Also the little bit of the show she was in I thought she did Michonne well.

10. rabscuttle1

They don't need flashbacks to explain her pets or the katana. In the comic she explains it all in a conversation with Rick. That's all they need to do in the show. I've posted the reason Michonne uses a katana before. She took it from her neighbor's house because he was a collector and she felt it was better than trying to find a gun and then ammo. Plus she feels comfortable with a sword because in college she was on the fencing team.

11. Ve Nice

Ve Nice New Member

I know everyone is a BIG Michonne fan already even with what little they've shown of her, I however cant jump on the wagon so quickly.. I just simply cannot wrap my head around it. Her purpose for keeping them is clear, and I get no arms=no scratches/ no jaw=no bite... but the basic instint of a zombie is to eat=feed on humans... they just follow her around like puppies on a leash not trying to attack her? I am not looking forward to this part of the show like many others.. maybe I just need more time to see where its going.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sure they'll explain it in the show, but in the comics it's mentioned that Michonne's pets eventually stopped trying to attack her. Like an animal that absolutely can't reach it's prey, they eventually give up.

13. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

To soon to tell how I feel about Michonne. I like the TV character, a lot! But why exactly? I'm not sure if it's anything more than the pets, the sword, or just simply being a badass hottie!

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I love when she FLINGS the blood of the katana blade. I love that she has a hard nature, but compassionate caring side and it looks like Danai is going to do a good job portraying both sides of her personality. Awesome so far.

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

"I love that she has a hard nature, but compassionate caring side"

This is something many of the "Michonne is a ninja and can't work on TV" people missed. She's not a ninja, she is a real person with compassion and a certain set of skills.

The upcoming weeks with her character development should provide a lot of discussion around here...

16. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Michonne does need some background story - the pet zombies and the katana essentially.

I actually did not expect Danai to be so good. So I couldn't be happier.

In Woodburry, we will see Michonne without her pets and katana and I'm pretty sure people will love her.

But then again, there are people who don't like Daryl sooo... there will be people who'll hate Michonne too.

17. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

And by “discussion” you mean a never-ending barrage of bickering between the Undying-Adulation-For-Michonne and the Venomous-Hatred-For-Michonne camps. ;)

18. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Her pets have been covered nicely but for one thing... she uses them as pack mules also.

19. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I think the actress fits her appearance perfectly, I need to see more to know how good she is acting wise.
    I have high hopes I must say :)

20. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

I disagree. I don't think anything has been mentioned about them on the show by the characters. If I'm a Walking Dead noob, I'm all like "WTF? Can someone please explain the dead dudes this chick has on leashes?" I'm not arguing mind you, merely pointing out the facts. Us comic dorks know all about Michonne and her "pets". People who watch The Talking Dead know all about them. But people who only watch the TV show know nothing about them and what exactly they represent. I believe the viewer WILL be made aware of all of this, eventually.