Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First impressions on Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Voncroy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. MagneticYellow

MagneticYellow New Member

Yar. The show doesn't explain it, but does it need explaining? When I first saw them, I guessed what they were for and thought, "AWESOME!".

2. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I haven't seen enough of her yet to form a solid opinion. I liked that she cares about keeping Andrea alive, and she seems like a badass with that sword, but we shall see as the season goes on how much I like her.

3. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I stand corrected. After discussing this topic with about a dozen friends, coworkers, and family members, the consensus seems to be that Michonne used the two pets to mask her sent ala Rick and Glenn in “Guts”, and/or that her pets were people that she loved and couldn’t bear to part with and concluded an explanation would be forthcoming. I simply did not give the average viewer enough credit in this matter. My bad.

4. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I should have said that the posters have covered the pets well in this thread. My bad

5. RicksRightHand

I think Duzy meant in this thread, her pets have been covered already. But like Duzy said, from the show you could see they were carrying Andrea and Michonne's packs.

6. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Oh. Sorry. They have been covered extensively by us.... still, it was nice to glean from so many casual viewers (with no knowledge of the comics) that they GOT the pets. I hope we get a flashback about them! I don't need one, but I'd LOVE one. :)

7. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Definitely shows how progressive this character is compared with our group. Outfitting Zeds as porters, WTF! ...totally agree Hawaiian Shirt, those two stiffs stories are begging to be told.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't buy the zombies giving up trying to get her either.

Not to mention the whole slavery thing. Can you imagine if Andrea starts doing the same thing? Chopping up a couple of black men, putting them in chains and having them follow her around carrying her stuff? I bet people's reactions would be someone different.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hahah code name: A walking dead forum!

10. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

I think they should have casted Whoopi Goldberg for the role
    :zombies_lol:

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

She'd ruin the show's realistic balance, introducing a shiny Hollywood star to a the series cast isn't the best decision! XD

12. ballincrazie

ballincrazie Member

i can't say really its to early to know

13. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

You won't have any other choice but to do it.

This is how the zombies work in the original story and how they work in the TV series.
    This is how Kirkman wrote the zombies to behave in this universe - much like the bite not infecting someone.

14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

This is how the original flesh eating zombies created by George Romero work. Kirkman based his zombies off of Romero's. TWD is a tribute to the begining of the zombie genre. This is the way zombies were before the genre got all twisted up by all the modern crap zombie movies.

15. Chreees

Chreees Member

It's amazing to me that no one can seem to make a decent zombie flick these days. Romero's first three (Night, Dawn, and Day) are the original and remain to be the best to this day.

16. rabscuttle1

Damn right!

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Romero's zombies NEVER gave up trying to get in to the mall, even when no people were around, or the protagonists were upstairs they could hear and see them scratching at the gates. The only way to get them to stop trying to get in (i.e. Pennys) was to distract them with something more attractive to them.

18. rabscuttle1

You need to watch Day of the Dead.

19. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

See I am the viewer type (or maybe cause I read the comics) that just didn't give any thought to why the pets don't attack Michone, they just don't. After S3 episode 1, my husband says "why don't they attack her?" My answer was "they cant. She cut off their jaws". Lol, that isn't what he meant of corse. I did notice when Michonne walks into the deer cooler place, the one closest to her when shes walking past starts shambling towards her until his chain jerks him back.

20. Chreees

Chreees Member

All I can say is, this probably won't be the only time you see walkers being kept as "pets."