Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First impressions on Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Voncroy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I hope a certain character has his jar collection. That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to get anymore specific and spoil anything for the none comic fans.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Day of the dead, and the even worse "land of the dead", are dead to me. (sorry). I don't know what Romero was thinking, but by the end of Land... why bother?

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Holy Crap SLW...my husband and I had almost the same conversation. Except after my answer I got the "what are you crazy" look, but he just let it drop. Some parts I just don't care to think that hard about. She looks like she has them trained. Maybe she did somehow. And if all she has to worry about are a couple of jawless, armless zombies invading her personal space while she tromps across America (I can't remember, but I don't think she's from the south) more power to her.

4. Chreees

Chreees Member

Hey, Day is pretty good. Not the best out of his films, but pretty darn good. The worst part was Bub the Zombie, in how he was able to be trained, because it just totally went against everything zombies are about. But other than that, it was a good flick. Land, on the other hand, took the Bub factor and threw it even farther. It was just stupid. Overall I liked Land well enough because of the social hierarchy displayed in the film, but the one zombie (Big Daddy I believe he is called) leading the rest of them was really stupid. Land was when Romero was losing his marbles. Diary was marbles lost. Day, first sign of marbles about to be lost.

5. rabscuttle1

Day was the last great zombie film. If you don't see that then we are completely different types of fans. Land is poor but watchable. The last two I don't even bother with.

6. rabscuttle1

Bub is the one and only cool smart zombie. I've always viewed him as a freak. A one of a kind. And training zombies doesn't really go against zombies. In Night they were smart enough to learn to avoid fire. In Dawn some of the zombies use objects to bust windows. And don't forget that in Romero's movies zombies also remember how to open doors and climb ladders. Romero created the flesh eating zombie genre so obviously that stuff doesn't go against the genre.

7. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

And Dawn was really based on the idea that zombie roaming behavior when not pursuing food was dictated by the routines of the person while they were alive. Romero's zombies were set up to be potentially intelligent right from the get go.

8. Chreees

Chreees Member

Eh, I just don't go for it I guess. I like the way TWD has portrayed zombies, err, walkers, the most.

9. rabscuttle1

Romero eventually took it too far, though.

10. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

My favorite portrayal of zombie behavior overall is the way Max Brooks describes then in WWZ. Completely inhuman, zero higher intelligence, pure stimulus response creatures. The way he described the really massive battles... Yonkers, the Rajh Square formation, Rajh Singh blowing the mountain pass bridge in India... Those scenes scared me more than anything I've seen on TV or in movies. I don't like the mythology of Brooks as much, but I really dig his zombies' behavior.

11. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Awesome. I think my hubby has a hard time with suspension of disbelief when it comes to TWD. He likes it and all but he just isn't like me. After the mask peel walker he actually said to me "that's just Gore, why would you watch it over and over" (because I watched at 9 & 10). This coming from a man who used to watch faces of death real movies. I said "you do know its fake right" lol.

12. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

She still just seems out of place to me and technically this isn't our first impression of her (she did have a few seconds in the last episode of season 2). There is just so much to fill in at this point between the seasons. So Michonne, who I'm assuming survived alone since she had her two walker boys before coming across Andrea, suddenly wants to pair up with Andea and survive the winter together? And Andea is like, "Okay sure, let's do that. Oh, nice walkers you have there. Do they have names?" And Michone only has to answer "Who cares what their names are or how they work, I'm popular in the comics so nothing else matters. We will survive the winter and move the plot forward next season, trust me." I guess Andrea just didn't feel like looking for her original group or at least Shane after hearing that. My goodness what a mess.

Then we get to finally see some action and she chops a few heads off and leaves the walker's brain intact! "Yup, I'll just leave this walker's head where someone just might get bitten if they aren't too careful," thinks Michonne, the great survivor. All just to show a couple of kills and special effects. Here is hoping for Michonne to develop into a great character on her own merits in the tv series, not just some "Let's please the comicbook fans" ploy.

13. Dead man walking

Again thanks for the info. Clever idea to surround yourself with dead to fool the other zombies but would it really work? No arms and no jaws to bite with but still if it is a zombie surely it would still try to attack you and not leisurely just amble by your side on loose chains? Jaw or no jaw it would just probably keep head butting you a lot. It doesn't know it can't bite you so I'm sure it would keep trying and following it's instinct. The instinct is for them to eat human or animal flesh and they are drawn to you by this instinct so surely it would be tough to walk around with these 'pets' cos they would get in your way and huddle you, head butting you all the time. It would be like being in a queue at the local sales. Plus if they fall over, with no arms to get up, you're gonna have to keep picking them up all the time.

I don't know anything about the comics and characters therein but so far to me I'm not sold on this character yet. Although I do like the confidence and ease with which she has become accustomed to surviving alone surrounded by zombie hordes. She also has a very good weapon ideal for zombie killing - hopefully she didn't get it from above someone's fireplace since if it's a replica it won't last very long will it..

14. Dead man walking

Valid points - only thing is how can the head really bite you unless you fall or sit on it? :Grin:It can't really move around much. If you stood next to it it still couldn't bite you since it can't move into position and not having a neck it can't adjust the angle, so i would say it's safe enough and pretty harmless unless it learns to move around using it's jaw. Although I agree I would have still smashed it in, but it isn't completely necessary.

15. rabscuttle1

She took it from her neighbor who was a collector of authentic swords.

16. Dead man walking

Yes I know now - I saw this on one of your other posts.

17. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

My first impression was like: OMG, she'll be the coolest character of the show. Having sword and two walkers tied up with chains behind her looked pretty cool though.

You can see rage on her face and that's what I like about her.

#57 Agramer, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  18. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I laughed when I saw her and the two pet walkers. I knew it was coming because I read some spoilers, but to actually see it, it made me crack up.

I hope Michonne becomes a more thought out character in the next few episodes. Because so far all she's done is save Andrea, kill some walkers and show us her two pet walkers.

19. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I was wondering, why Michonne having the Walkers has pets. Thanks for clearing that up.