Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First time I've jumped

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by parahandy, Sep 7, 2014.

1. parahandy

parahandy New Member

I'm not into horror movies as I'm too much of a wuss, so I've been pleased that there haven't really been any moments in TWD that have made me jump - "boo" moments.

Until this episode. The scene with Carl looking around the house, when the walker suddenly appeared behind the door, I did actually jump a bit!!

2. offrope

offrope Active Member

Did you notice the name on that door? And, Carl is still walking around with mismatched shoes from that incident.

3. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

One moment that always makes me jump, is when Shane is looking at the walkers in the barn (Pretty Much Dead Already), and a walker's eye comes into focus suddenly and closely. Gets me every time.

#3 Alec96, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Both scenes mentioned by [MENTION=9004]Alec96[/MENTION] and [MENTION=52162]parahandy[/MENTION] were jump/startle worthy for me also. But you never forget your first one and mine harkens all the way back to episode 1. Probably more of a startled moment, but still one resonates with me. When Rick encounters the little girl wearing bunny slippers and she turns around and rather than a sweet little lost girl, she is of course, a walker. That bit took me aback, probably gasped rather than jumped. The part that really unsettled me was when Rick shot her and they show her taking the impact and falling in slow motion to the ground. THAT part, in episode one, was my clue that this show was going to do things on television that others dare not tread (unless of course you are a paid for premium channel).

5. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That little girl REALLY creeped me out!

7. The Wolf

I know, she creeped me too. I remember when Rick was looking under a car and saw the little bunny slippers walking then stop. Then the little walker girl picked up a doll. Wasn't that a sign of a walker having more intelligence than Dr. Jenner said they had?

8. The Wolf

[​IMG]

What creeped me out even more [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] was seeing a little girl walker put down by a cop named Rick Grimes.
    Wasn't that done in the first episode of season 1???????

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I watched season 1 not too long ago and was struck by how 'smart' the walkers were...the little girl picking up the doll, Morgan's wife jiggling the door knob and peering through the peep hole. Just did not sit too well with me...prefer my walkers mindless and creepy!

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[MENTION=41412]The Wolf[/MENTION] Rick Grimes had me at his first wail of 'LORI, CARL". I knew my Sunday nights would never be the same ;)

11. The Wolf

I like the walkers mindless too, I think that was a flaw in the first few episodes of TWD.

12. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Lol, the only time I remember jumping is in Season One. Lori left the camp to go venture into the woods and Shane sneaked up on her. You know what happened after that... I'm sure the others at the camp knew what happened too... how could they not with Lori's big mouth?

13. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I'm not a horror fan either (always thinking DON'T GO DOWN INTO THE BASEMENT, IDIOT). But, TWD hooked me from the moment that Rick shot the little girl at the gas station. I loved the creepy fingers coming out of the hospital closet the dead were locked in, Rick's riding the horse into Atlanta, Rick getting trapped in the tank, Rick & Carl's guts-covered walk through Atlanta (and then it rains), the herd passing on the highway while they all hid underneath the cars, Shane & Otis's mission-impossible foray to the high school for supplies to save Carl, Michonne's dramatic rescue of Andrea in the woods -- so many scenes I can't even count the moments of breath-holding. It is a unique show.