Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Flash forward scenes

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Sully, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Sully

Sully Active Member

Does anyone think that the scenes where we see Rick and crew way years ahead are not actually flash forward scenes to after the war, but rather a dream sequence that never happens?

The festival is throwing me off because I know that's supposed to happen, but I just got a vibe that this scenes weren't real and were rather a part of Rick's visions on what could be if Negan was dead.

And who were the two graves Rick was standing at? I couldn't tell at what stage that scene was at. Was it present time and it was Sasha and someone else? Or was it in the middle somewhere and it's someone else big?

I can definitely see a big swerve where say Michonne dies and we're all shocked because she was in the "flash forward".

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

It looks too good to be the future, so it looks like a bunch of dream sequences. Plus I don't want to see Rick old and with a cane in the time jump next season lol.

The two graves were at Hilltop, I automatically assumed it was Abraham and Glenn. Just a moment of reflection as the others fortified the cars before heading out to the meeting point.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I see four different moments in time in this episode.

Chronically they go like this...

1) Rick and Carl scavenging for gas and supplies before the attack on the saviors. Prep work. Days before the attack.

2) Setting up and attacking. This is when they are preparing the shield cars at the hilltop, that's when Rick is looking at Glen and Abe's graves. Next day is the actual attack.

3) Crying Rick. This takes place during the final moments of AOW. When Rick wins and decides to spare Negan. I assume the tears are for a fallen friend, most likely Morgan and it's his death that pushes Rick to spare Negan and put him in Morgan's cell. I still think that's the end game with Negan. Morgan built the cell to give Rick options. I think he'll use it.

4) Old man Rick. This is a day dream that Rick has in those other moments. Of life with peace, long after the war. The only problem with this being a dream is it actually includes things from the future in the comic.

Either way, I see 4 different events happening at different times.

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

What 'things from the future in the comic' are that? I have not read the comic, obviously.

I think, it has to be a dream. If it is a real flash-forward, then the show is actually telling us that Rick, Judith, Michonne...etc will not die. And this basically removes the ''everyone in this show can die in any episode'' suspense.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I never read the comics myself, only read people talking about events from future comics. I didn't want to get into specifics because this is the spoiler free forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I know it won't happen but I want to see a brutal vengeance on the Saviours. We all know they are ****ing traitors scum in the comics too anyway.

8. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Why is everyone calling Rick 'old man' in the flash forward scenes? Apart from the beard, that makes him look older, he doesn't look different. Judith is still a very young child and Michonne does look the same. That scene might be placed in ... maybe... three years from now , that hardly makes Rick an old man :)

I thought, that Ricks tears were for Gabriel, because he would have to think him dead (and he most likely will die by Negans hands and not easy - I'm pretty sure, Negan will make a show out of it) and RIck feels responsible, because he did risk himself to get cought up in the horde, while trying too kill Negan and Gabriel was forced to step out of the savety of the car and pulled him away. He doesn't know, that Gabriels possible death is Gregorys fault. I hope, that comes out though. Gregory is the worst of all the characters, even worse than Negan.

9. Sully

Sully Active Member

I don't think I'm spoiling much by saying in the comics after the time jump, the three communities hold a big fair/festival.

That's what I believe Judith was talking about in that scene.

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between a dream and reality. It could be both. I mean, Rick could be dreaming (in the present) of something that he wishes to happen and then, in reality in the future, that thing actually happens which matches (almost like) the dream.

11. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Looked like Rick was looking for Rudolph and the rest of the reindeer.
    Rick and Michone, the first interracial Mr and Mrs Santa Claus ?

Sent from my iPhone using ........ ?
    A, index finger.
    B, middle finger.
    C, pen thing with rubber doodat.
    D, something rude and incidentally quite large so making it rather difficult.

12. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

The time jumps were giving me whiplash. I felt it was overused. I understand it’s an artistic/creative device. I can’t help but wonder if they’re shooting these FUTURE peaceful scenes in bulk chunks, now - preparing for a finale wrap of this show.