Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Flashbacks.. Like or Dislike?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Buried' started by JEA13, May 7, 2018.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree on flashbacks. When you have skilled people doing them it can make for an excellent story. HBO had a miniseries a couple of years ago, "Night of," that was largely based on flashbacks in determining if the guy was guilty of the crime and what happened etc. It was a pretty ordinary story, but their use of the flashbacks made it compelling.

I think too that there's a segment of the Fear audience that is a little irritated after investing 3 seasons in the show and watching it now and everything has changed so drastically. Coming back to Fear after only watching Season 1 previously, it works for me, but I can understand why some are bothered.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't believe they'll have both of Madison/Naomi dead, but I still think there is a chance one is gone. The Naomi character could be used as a way of changing John, and maybe they'll choose to kill her off to do that.

My money though at this point is that they're both alive. They probably just escaped in another direction like we had back at the prison in Season 4 of TWD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't see bringing someone as famous as Jenna Elfman just to kill her off so quick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

If Naomi/Laura is alive and no one actually saw her die, that was kinda cruel to tell John she's dead with very little details lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

As it was said on TD....it kinda shows the place Alicia is at. Not much care. Especially after Nick just died. :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't see that!

Yeah it seems they are so set on revenge, that they assume he'll want revenge too. When maybe telling him she "could" be alive may have motivated him more to go see about the vultures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

That's why I was sure to include it. I know you didn't watch. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. GeorgeWest

GeorgeWest New Member

The major changes from season 3 to 4 on Fear are a PLUS to me. (1) These changes come after a major time shift which makes them tenable, IMO. (2) Part of the problem with TWD and Fear is a lack of change or seasons that get in a rut. This gets Fear out of a rut.

My major like of TWD and Fear is the how-do-we-survive-from-day-to-day aspect of the apocalypse, the living versus the walkers. I suppose this will be problematic for me as these series go longer and settling down in one place is necessary to survive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

DISLIKE!!! Just tell the story in chronological order. Shits weak, trying to bring "cinematography" and "art" to a zombie show... Either use flashbacks in AN episode to tell the backstory of a character, or don't. Having an entire season shown out of order is off-puting and annoying to follow.

#29 TDogResurrected, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1