Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Flibberschticky

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not only did Simon mention the helipad at the dump, but he also asked about the solar panels.
    Maybe Georgie has a love for music. Or they use the music to lure walkers away.
    Or they make something out of the vinyl to kill the walkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think Georgie is just the Mom and the Twins live in her Basement and think Vinyl is cool just like the Writers of this show!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured maybe their community is at least hundred or more miles away, and maybe this is the first time they've traveled this far in this direction. They also gave us some information about the world. They apparently have run into very few communities like Hilltop, and "not a single one for a very long time". So theyve been doing this awhile, and it seems like in the east coast region, there aren't a lot of communities out there. So the D.C./Alexandria region might be kind of special and unusually populated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sully

Sully Active Member

And honestly Hilltop isn't even that impressive to me. They should've seen Alexandria. That place is on fireeee.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Yeah Alexandria is pretty lit!

Jokes aside - I like the Hilltop, but I kinda agree that Alexandria and Kingdom are a bit more impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

More caricatural characters, the opposite of what the show needs to get back on track. The rest of the episode was pretty good, but their shitty unrealistic calm and resourcefulness (yeah right, they got right up to the fences just when everybody's waiting for the Saviors), and the Sheriff's incapacity to take down a guy who just made flips with his car were disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Not to mention about fifty times larger.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

No, because she won't accept spoken word.

If she ONLY accepted spoken word, I wouldn't know what on earth that is. Do any of us have that? Does she mean like comedy albums?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Comedy albums, certainly, but also poetry, raconteurs, lectures, audio books etc. Vinyl goes back a long way, all sorts of entertainment was available on disc. I can recall advertisements in my parents' newspapers for horse racing LPs - several grooves on each side, so you randomly selected a variant of a given race and listeners could bet on the result. I'm pretty sure Hitler's speeches were available on records - anything that people might want to hear, or want other people to hear, really.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The terminology confused me slightly too. If I was Maggie I would have been like "wait a minute.......by spoken word...do you also include singing?? Do you mean you only want like orchestra music? ....or....you mean just non-song spoken word....?" and looked around at Michonne and Enid for back up. Then Georgie would have rolled her eyes like "jesus, how are you still alive?"

Secondly, Georgie seems like a person who values keeping our history and culture intact, so you'd think she'd accept 'spoken word' records too. They also preserve our history, and could even be of educational use, depending on the topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

She is a Beatnik of the Apocalypse.

Yeah,Cool Daddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. LoriG

LoriG Member

If vinyl is the answer in an apocalypse then I’m on a winner. I’ll happily give up some of my husbands collection as it’s happily taking up a lot of space in my life!

I liked them, just as a brief ray of light in this crappy war... I’m so bored of them blowing each other up