Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Foreshadowing or Red Herring??

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Like at the beginning of the The Grove when Carol told Lizzy to get some rest, "You're dead on your feet", was Us foreshadowing Maggie's demise with not only the burning photograph of a sleeping Maggie, but when the Terminus woman told Maggie "I'll make you a plate"? Another poignant double entendre imho. Or do you think those were intentional red herrings meant to mislead savvy viewers like when Daryl got in the casket and then Beth was taken?

I've noticed this show has almost OCD-like attention to detail and intent when it comes to not only dialogue but visual imagery as well (Like when Daryl goes missing at Woodbury and we're treated to a "sign" when the Governor speaks at the arena and standing behind him with his gun-arm in the air is Shumpert, holding Daryl's crossbow).

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

As soon as that happened I thought "uh-oh, Maggie's dead" (who burns a single photo anyway, it's not like it takes up too much room) but then I thought "c'mon, they can't be that lame, can they?"

3. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I think that Maggie is going to be eaten by the group and then they will find out somehow.

4. HeadlessHershel

Winner, winner Maggie dinner.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Magpie?
    Maggieroni and cheese?
    Big Mag sandwich?

#5 JEA13, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  6. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

Maggie got little attention this season, relative to other characters. She is a main character, and I think if they were going to kill her this season, she would've plagued a bigger role.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I didn't get it either. "You can't have this picture anymore because I won't ever leave you again." Uh, no, that is my picture, and there is no reason in this undead world for you to destroy it. You kind of promised never to leave me before, and look what happened.

My guess is she just hated the fact that the picture was out there with her hair all a mess and no makeup, so took her chance to get rid of it for good before he showed the remainder of the living world how terrible she looks before her morning routine.

8. I'dDieFirst

I'dDieFirst Well-Known Member

I think one half of Gleggie is going to die. At first I thought it would be Glenn, but now I think it will be Maggie because of the burnt picture.

9. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

It seems too obvious, don't ya think? Maybe they'll all be sitting around the grill singing songs and chowing ribs when someone recognizes Beth's watch on a grist pale in the corner and then they all realize they're eating Soilent Beth? ;)

10. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Maybe Gimple's messing with us because serial killer Mazzara did such heavy foreshadowing of main character deaths (apart from his sudden kills of named redshirts).

11. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

the old one-two punch,
    impossible to ignore

12. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

But isn't "I'll make you a plate" a common Southern expression? I'm sure I've heard it before in other shows set in the South. Calling all Southerners.

13. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Soylent Beth Greene

:zombies_lol:

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I did kind of see the burning of Maggie's photo as a sign foretelling Maggie's demise. Possible red herring, yes. But they did seem to focus on that moment rather deeply, which is what made it seem to be a hint.

(btw, Maggie only wanted Glenn to burn the photo because she had hated it from the moment she saw it, and had tried to get Glenn to toss it. Even in an apocalyptic world, women want to look good. ;) )

15. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

I've been thinking Maggie would die this season, this only promoted that. I mean for either of them to have any futhur progression we have to see what they would do without one another

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL, well now that you mention it, yes it is! I instantly could hear my mom saying 'sit down, I'll make you a plate'. All this time I thought that was something everyone would say - never occurred to me it could be a southern thing.

17. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

It's a Southern thing. Hear it all the time in Tennessee. ;-)

18. highway234

highway234 Member

and in a shocking development, they all just shrug and keep eating?

19. Ricktatorship80

If they kill off my future ex wife, I riot! It may just be a one man army, but somebody is gonna pay!! lol

It was definitely a red herring I believe. Seemed a little too obvious though, if she does actually die.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Next they will see a book title to serve man.