Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Foreshadowing or Red Herring??

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

"It's a cookbook!"

2. pilight

pilight Member

It wouldn't be The Walking Dead if we didn't get a symbolic fire every week.

3. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I think that would be a good scene if it were played out correctly, and had just the right amount of creepiness.

4. ShamblingCorpse

If Terminus is part of the hunters storyline then they better have

I wouldn't be surprised, but I am hoping that it's not.

5. justjoinedtosay

Yeah I thought the you'll never need a picture of me because I'll never leave u coupled with burning of the photo seemed like it might be the kiss of death for maggie. Since Steven yeun is 3rd in the billing, he ain't going any were. Lauren Cohen is 2nd to last, so is at more risk than steven, but less risk than Melissa mcbride.

The parallel between maggie and Beth's I'll never leave u declarations is interesting. They won't kill both greenes, it'll be curious to see how it plays out. Maggies is based on a long established relationship and seems pretty trite, Beth's is based on a newly formed relationship--that was as much to assuage daryl's abandonment issues, as to protect the relationship.

FWIW Lauren Cohen's hair on talking dead was much shorter than in the show....just saying...

6. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

That's what I thought too... Until yesterday when it dawned on my that a REALLY shocking death, at least in my opinion, would be the one we are not expecting. I think everyone is expecting Maggie (for obvious reasons) and Beth (for good reasons) to die in the finale. However, I think the show just pulled a major slight-of-hand on the viewers and while we're all expecting Maggie to or Beth to die, I now believe that it will be Glenn to die. As far as characters are concerned, Glenn has won more than he has lost in the ZA and would likely die the bad*ss hero that he has become. And I can live with that.

7. FutureApocalyps

I think it would be Glenn, not Maggie to die if basing it on the burning photo. If a guy is dead pictures are meaningless.

8. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

There's also another very important bit of foreshadowing- Maggie's pregnancy. That was foreshadowed all over in 30 Days, and that's going to eventually become a reality I'm guessing. And then it'll be just like the comics with Glenn's death? Or maybe Maggie dies before she gives birth? Who knows. But I'm sure that they're safe until Maggie gets preggers.

9. JayDee

JayDee Member

Well as much as I don't really care for Glenn and Maggie's relationship I do want to see them last a little longer. i'd like to see the attempted suicide piece play out here. But that would require something to happen where she felt completely hopeless. But she's yet to display that amount of despair after her dad died, after losing Glenn, and not even a mention of Beth. Maybe after getting to Terminus and processing things it'll lead to that... But seems we'd have to wait til next season for it to play out

10. bgko18

bgko18 Member

Smoke & mirrors. That's what this all is.

"OH MY GOD! The homeless guy from the bus station is hung..... but I knew that! --- Roger Smith

11. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I agree. I took the burning of that picture hinting at Glenn's demise. Maggie never liked that picture and it was significant to Glenn. It may not happen the finale, but next season I think death will separate them. If Maggie ends up pregnant I don't know how that will work out since Judith is alive. I can't see this show having two baby story lines, unless Maggie is pregnant but miscarries. That would give her a reason to attempt suicide. It could give her a lot of character development.

12. bgko18

bgko18 Member

The gullibility of fans to take everything as "foreshadowing" is what the writers count on... then, they go another direction. The burning of the photo is too on the nose.

"OH MY GOD! The homeless guy from the bus station is hung..... but I knew that! --- Roger Smith

13. FutureApocalyps

If anyone dies it will be Glenn. Any foreshadowing was Maggie telling him that he wouldn't need a picture of her. Dead men don't need pictures.

14. bgko18

bgko18 Member

See what I mean... gullible.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I'm curious. What foreshadowing has taken place in the show so far?

16. Stevens61310

Stevens61310 Member

I'm not so sure it's strictly Southern. My mother and grandmother are both from Illinois. And on more than one occasion at a family reunion, gathering, birthday party, holiday gathering, etc. I have heard them say "Sit right down. I'll get you a plate."

17. justjoinedtosay

Weird but true

Had a dream last night about the walking dead (which tells me I'm spending way too much time talking about the show)

In the dream everyone's still alive ( well at least rick, daryl, beth, maggie, and carol---I think there may have been more, kind of shadowy around to but maybe not)

They were sitting in a wooded area that a had a bizarre amount of fallen leaves on the ground, but they were also in some sort of a warehouse like the one sasha found maggie at

OK so carol is standing in the building side and daryl is walking past her and she grabs his arm and starts saying stuff to him like his relationship with beth is irresponsible, what if she gets pregnant? Does he want to risk her dying like lori? How are they going to take care of a baby? (These arent exact quotes just kind of the jist) (she may have mentioned judith--can't remember--or maybe she was holding judith or something)

Anywho daryl just shakes her off and says something like mind your own business--it was classic daryl

Then later or maybe not, the same thing happens with beth--carol pulls her aside and starts saying the same things to her, and Beth explodes and starts screaming at Carol about how she's wrong, daryl won't touch her or sit next to her--that kind of thing, the she storms off--this was in front of everyone, so was the daryl part.

The whole pregnancy part made me remember my dream.

#37 justjoinedtosay, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  18. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

I thought that could be foreshadowing her death. After all, wouldn't it be fitting if she died and Glenn had no pictures of her when they had talked about he wouldn't need a photo of her since she would always be there, with him?

But I also kinds doubt that could be foreshadowing anything since it would be too obvious. It would mean even I were able to notice that.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nah. They throw out so many red herrings that it doesn't seem worth it to look for real ones. Not that it's not fun to speculate, of course.

20. PseudoM

PseudoM New Member

I don't think it was supposed to be either foreshadowing or a red herring. The reunion between Maggie and Glen wasn't nearly dramatic enough for Maggie to die after. Beth on the other hand... Yea, I'll make you a plate is a pretty common thing to say. Shumpert wasn't holding Deryl's crossbow. Shumpert always had a crossbow. (Since his first appearance) In one of the Talking Dead episodes, they have a slide that mentions that Deryl was going to get a dog but got a new crossbow instead. (It was never really mentioned because he is a lone wolf type character and rarely talks to other people.