Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Forget the Formula, Give that baby a boob!

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Mindymouse9, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

.....and TWDF has hit an all new low. :Grin:

2. Mindymouse9

Mindymouse9 New Member

Everybody is a expert...it was just a theory...many things are plausible in the show. Herschel survived a barbaric and unsanitary amputation, lost a lot of blood and survived. Based on what we know about surgery, I'm sure many of us would have expected him to die, but he lived. A newborn trying to nurse on another woman that's not mom...totally implausible for television.

3. Mindymouse9

Mindymouse9 New Member

I am worried about what they will do when she starts to eat solid foods...

4. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

It's not implausible, its just a bit ridiculous to expect either Beth or Maggie to just jump into breastfeeding a newborn.
    And now that she's on formula, good luck getting her to switch to a boob.

5. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

You could be right...maybe this will be brought up in future shows. It is possible.

6. Mindymouse9

Mindymouse9 New Member

Well, yes of course it may be too late now. They don't have an unlimited supply of formula though. Who knows?

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

You know.....men can lactate under certain conditions. They should plop that baby down on Hershel's tits. Now that's good television....

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol::zombies_lol::zombies_lol:

9. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I had the exact same thought. I mean he does got a bit of an old man boob thing going on.
    Plus he's now one legged, he can sit down and relax and have little Ass-Kicker suck on his teet.
    It would be a glorious bit of television! :zombies_lol:

10. RDZ

RDZ Member

Now you guys are on to something...

:zombies_rolleyes:

Agreed. I know I just recently joined, but I have been lurking since the first season, the conspiracy theorists and zombie experts abound.

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

Like 6 months before they can eat mush food. And yeah, two cans of formula (thats all I saw them grab) will last like a week.

12. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Start eating? in the late 70s doctors told mothers to give their new borns tiny amounts of cereal (along with breast milk) to help them sleep through the night.

My mom told me she did that for my sister and I and we both slept through the entire night at about 3 months.
    but the cereal was maybe 5% of our diet? if that.

How ever you can't ween a baby off of breat milk/ formula / goats milk until more like 6-9 months . and that certaintly is not Ideal for the baby's health.. but its survivable which is what the group is aiming for. :zombies_nosmile:

My wife is 5 months pregnant so we are learning a lot about the whole breast feeding stuff. seems the current recomendation is to feed them breast milk / formula for at least 1 year, although my cousin in law only breast fed for 9 months , and daughter (1.5) doesn't eat any milk/formula that i know of (well some milk but just as a drink now)

she actually can and does eat anything that doesn't require a strong bite (such as nuts/ seeds) . She eats sushi, pork, vegies, noodles, rice, and loves fruit. She will literally eat water melon until she gets sick if you let her.

but anyways, Normally you start to introduce foods at 6 months, super slowly (pureed carrots for example) and maybe at 1 you could give them little carrot pieces.

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

All I can think of now is the time Stewie nursed on Peter.

14. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

lmao, yes... stewie + peter = bad visual ... i do recall that episode though... lol

15. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Lol and he pulled a gross nipple hair out of his mouth. Hah.

16. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

They'll have to make another supply run next episode... But what if it doesn't work out?? What the **** are they gonna do...??

17. scoutie

scoutie New Member

There is a hormone that stimulates milk production. That hormone has to be present before a woman can lactate. Trust me--I've breastfed three children.

While it is true that women who have not given birth (and men too) can possibly lactate, they have to be injected with the hormone before milk production begins.

As for wet nurses--they have given birth to babies, hence all of the milk.

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Give it 10 minutes. It'll hit yet another one.

19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes wet nurses had just given birth to their own babies. The extra money from wet nursing services to the royals & wealthy golf meant the difference between starving or fed..

Chances of finding a goat or cow that has active milk production would be low too..

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Like a walker wet nurse??!!

Bam! We're there under the 10 minutes haha