Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Forget the Formula, Give that baby a boob!

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Mindymouse9, Nov 12, 2012.

1. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Was there ever any doubt?

2. trinity

trinity Member

The thought of Daryl bring a goat on the back of his bike is really cracking me up, I've seen that before in pictures.. Glen would of been like. Where the hell is Maggie!?

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope...

4. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Lol, that'd be classic!
    "Hey where's Maggie?"
    "I traded her for this goat! It's perfect for you Glenn!"

5. boutte

boutte Active Member

There are cows and goats about. They are in farm country.

6. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Unless the walker herds got to them first :( cow milk might not be a good idea. It's not exactly good for babies.

7. kittywings

kittywings New Member

Why wouldn't you ever produce enough to exclusively breast feed? I did some research after the episode and found that eventually even if a woman hasn't given birth, she will lactate with the stimulation of a baby latching on. If the woman has given birth, it'll happen much faster. So, if Carol is still alive, she'd be the best choice. I don't know how long it would take in either situation, but I'm sure it would help their situation with not having to find formula as often. Even when a woman first has a baby, it typically takes 3-5 days before he milk comes in and babies get by on only tiny amounts of colostrum. I've got a 3 week-old on the boob as I "speak" so I know a little bit about this.

What I really want to know if why they wasted a bunch of formula for a newborn. Seriously... 8 oz bottle for a baby that's a few hours old? Try 1/2 oz or so.

8. RDZ

RDZ Member

Hard to type and breast feed at the same time I imagine.

Induced lactation, under pretty ideal circumstances and planning (and no drugs) can easily take several weeks to several months for a women to make a supply of breast milk. It isn't very realistic without domperidone. Glenn and Maggie may have to make another pharmaceutical run...

:)

Regardless, I don't think the group was counting on Lori to die during birth (and apparently many viewers and forum contributors weren't either as they won't accept it).

Agreed, I considered that more sloppy in the writing than the whole Lori boiler room scene, a newborn won't take more than 1-2 ounces max, but maybe the idea is that the group didn't know better.

9. kittywings

kittywings New Member

Takes a bit longer. ;)

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but it would be worth a shot... though I don't know who'd necessarily want to volunteer to have their nipples all chewed up by a baby that's not theirs (then again, I don't know who could sit idly by and watch an infant starve to death either without trying everything).

10. RDZ

RDZ Member

Yeah, it may be a real stretch and by the time it might start to work (and that is a big maybe), the baby might be able to start eating some mushed up food. I think the reality is that Glenn and Maggie may have to make more formula runs...

Congrats on your newborn and breast feeding.

11. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Okay, kind of silly thread turned gross then hilarious, thanks guys!! :zombies_lol:

12. Atheos

Atheos Member

maybe a year? but in TWD world.. they rush things a little.. so there's no saying

13. Komodia

Komodia Member

I don't think they would be able to produce milk even if they tried and Lori would of had a hard time as well. Its hard for milk to drop when the body is stressed and I'm pretty sure being in a ZA isn't the most tranquil of situations.

14. Al Davis is back

Imagine Hershal asking Rick.

[video=youtube_share;4-OwMoAsP38]http://youtu.be/4-OwMoAsP38[/video]

15. kittywings

kittywings New Member

Lol, it's 6 months.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I can see why the producers might have thought breast-feeding scenes in front of ceain hormone-driven viewers might not be such a good idea, on the other hand I was all for it but it's only because I want to see tit which leads us back to the reason why producers might have thought it wouldn't be such a good idea, as for the folks arguing about the unrealistic aspect of things I don't see that slowing things up much, might create a few more threads here about how unrealistic it was but what else is new?

#56 8307c4, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  17. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

I was delayed in watching this episode so I avoided the forums until I could see it. I just read this whole thread and I am cracking up. Nice job guys. Especially walker wet nurse. Too funny.

18. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

so yup, two cans lasted only the one episode.

19. RDZ

RDZ Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Gilligan [​IMG]
    They'll have to make another supply run next episode... But what if it doesn't work out?? What the **** are they gonna do...??
    so yup, two cans lasted only the one episode.

And obviously, it didn't work out so good for Glenn and Maggie....

20. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

You DO know that just because you have boobs does not mean you are producing milk, right? You produce milk after childbirth...