Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Forum update

Discussion in 'Survivor Help' started by Tony Davis, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

everything should be back to normal now. Let us know if it isn't working for people.
    There was an issue with one of the servers

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Three times in the past 2 days an audio repeating 'critical alert from microsoft' has suddenly announced itself while I was browsing the forum. This happening to anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I just received that same "warning" for the first time about 30 minutes ago. It kept cutting out and wouldn't fully load though.

If you go to youtube or Google and search "critical warning from microsoft" you'll see a ton of videos and info that basically says this is a scam. These guys called the number and got some "technician" from India trying to sell them $250 virus removal and protection packages. Lol

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, its definitely the same type of scam as those 1 800 numbers that sometimes pop up telling you that you have a virus and need to call immediately [which my father fell for, and paid about 300 dollars]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Holy crap are you serious? Wow! I feel bad for your father. That scam is one of the more insidious scams imo. Because getting a computer virus or malware happens to a lot of people and it is always evolving. So it seems like people are more easily fooled by this scam. Whereas other scams Nigerian scammers who get people to fall for stupid get rich quick schemes seems more obvious... When I get an email from the Consulate of the Royal Bank of Zimbabwe telling me I am a beneficiary of a 25 million dollar trust, I can't help but lol

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The forum is totally screwed up. The whole site was unavailable this morning, and now that it's back I keep getting constant error messages ans it prevents me from posting.

The following error occurred:
    503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

Plus it's super slow when it is here.

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same 503 error with the same exact problems as @tink is having.

In addition to that, once I get the error, the site is extra laggy. It takes 30 seconds or more for a thread to load or to go to another page. The link to new notifications goes even slower. When I click on a link from my new notifications, the page doesn't load. Avatars and other bits of random info don't load or take a long time to load.

As I've typed out this posts, the 503 error has popped up 4 times.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

And you can post, except it looks like the post didn't take, so you have to post, leave the thread, and then come back and the post that looks like it didn't post is actually there. Plus another:

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same 503 error with the same exact problems as @tink is having.

In addition to that, once I get the error, the site is extra laggy. It takes 30 seconds or more for a thread to load or to go to another page. The link to new notifications goes even slower. When I click on a link from my new notifications, the page doesn't load. Avatars and other bits of random info don't load or take a long time to load.

As I've typed out this posts, the 503 error has popped up 5 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Also, posts disappear and reappear randomly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yes! This too. I keep thinking that people are double/triple posting the same posts and they aren't. They are just disappearing and then coming back.

#PostGhosts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I just got the 503 error. This is the first time I have gotten it. And like @tink and @Jama, the site is really slow to load.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

New one:

Host Not Found
    DNS error (the host name of the page you are looking for does not exist) or Server did not accept the connection.

Please check that the host name has been spelled correctly.

This was for trying to Like someone's post, and trying to post this. And the forum just totally disappeared after that with the host not found error.

Is it still too much to expect someone in charge to comment on this? @Zedd ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

The posts disappearing and reappearing was likely a temporary sync problem with the database. Has that happened any more?

Regarding the DNS error, I'm guessing there was a temporary problem with our DNS service. I didn't see anything that indicated that, but that's what the error sounds like. Has either error happened to anyone yet today?

• Like Like x 1
  15. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Haven't been able to quote for at least three days. It stays blank when I click quote and respond.

EDIT: never mind, seems to be working again.

#14 NoMora, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I've had the jump-to-the-video-ad thing happen to me for the first time in the past day. It's happened on my two primary laptops, using Chrome on both.

ETA: I've switched to Chromium on one laptop and the problem has stopped.

#15 westwingnut, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017