Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Frankie’s death and Negan

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Tripp Knightly, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

Assuming the plot is trying to avoid pulp fiction, why bring Frankie back for so little only to kill her off? (Could go on a Morales tangent here.) Is she to have some kind of wrath-inspiring impact on the Lucille wielder?

• Like Like x 3
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think it was so they could have some more people on the pikes that weren’t regulars but had some impact.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Besides, did Negan ever really love any of his wives? I dare say news of her death wouldn't evoke more than a shrug of his shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

Ok so they found the lowest bidder with prior pulse to dredge up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

They should’ve had her appear more frequently, like at the work camp or in Alexandria in 9x06 during the council meeting with Magna’s group or somewhere else, just have her appear more frequently like Oscar and Kal and DJ, etc did. That was my only gripe. But oh well, the most important thing is that she wasn’t completely fogotten like the following people *ahem* Amber, Mark, Tanya, Mel, Potter, Brooke, Jose, Gina, John, Anna, Kent, Mikey, Craig, Crystal =P

I wonder if they’ll keep showing Alice (her daughter) or she goes missing too lol

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="mistertrouble189, post: 14617272, member: 1544" But oh well, the most important thing is that she wasn’t completely fogotten like the following people *ahem* Amber, Mark, Tanya, Mel, Potter, Brooke, Jose, Gina, John, Anna, Kent, Mikey, Craig, Crystal =P

I wonder if they’ll keep showing Alice (her daughter) or she goes missing too lol[/QUOTE]

Posts like these make me wonder if I'm even watching the show, lol.
    How do you remember all these people?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mistertrouble189

Lmao don’t worry you’re not missing anything, they are all super minor people (all were credited and most had speaking lines, nevertheless!!) I help edit at TWD wiki but my favorite part is tracking the survivors from season to season and see who survives what ordeal (ie. the No Way Out herd, the Savior war, and now the Whisperer war!) and it frustrates me when all these named characters suddenly disappear.. like alrighty then! Haha. But it’s just a fun little hobby of mine :) got my list all updated for the current season: https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Survivors_S9

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Posts like these make me wonder if I'm even watching the show, lol.
    How do you remember all these people?[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. I’m all:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. PepperAnn

THAT EXPLAINS IT!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

10. mistertrouble189

Hehe if you’re not sure who someone is on my list above, let me know ;) it may surprise you that some of those folks listed have been around as long as Seasons 5 and 6! :p like the almighty Kyle

11. PepperAnn

It’s too mind blowing for me. I focus on those I am supposed to know. Haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Ok fine who’s kyle?

13. mistertrouble189

LOL I don’t blame ya! :p

Kyle! Come on, you know Kyle!! Jk he’s an extra from S6 who was chosen to be on the council in S9. Not sure why but he was chosen by the producers to serve as a familiar face on the council and got a name in 9x12 - though the scene of Michonne (I think it was her) saying his name was cut. And there you have it, Kyle!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. PepperAnn

Yeah I am back to not caring. Who dafuq is that? LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Name AND a face...and I still have no clue, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I laughed at Hilltop Pickle Maker.

Kept scrolling down and was astonished to see you distinguish silhouettes of Whisperers in a fog! You're amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. mistertrouble189

Haha thank you! There’s a couple people who help track which backgrounders appear when - we’re in contact with several of them, and they actually give us cool tidbits of info, like the Pickle Maker! I find those kind of details pretty neat - that some extras have actual roles assigned to them by the crew. It’s the small (otherwise pointless things, story wise) things :)

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. PepperAnn

So much is making so much more sense with your abilities. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not every death must have some grand meaning for the general viewing audience. Especially when it is a large number of deaths occurring at the same time. It was necessary to fill those pikes. If those ten pikes were topped off with ten characters we as an audience are attached to, have a connection with, then what we would be left with after the reveal is a TV series with characters like Frankie that we have no long standing attachment to. Boils down to picking your poison.

Also,

We can safely assume that since living in Alexandria for the last number of years Frankie had friends, maybe even considered some family by choice. We know that she had a child (either biological or as a guardian to a child orphaned). So therefore we know that her death in the TV series world had meaning. That it did impact some characters lives quite deeply. For instance, we can probably assume that she and Eugene were friends. They certainly shared a history with one another.

#19 Dnae, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Pretty simple. They needed some named characters to chuck onto some pikes.

My only real gripe with the lineup is that I could barely name a lot of them. And while @Dnae is right in saying that the audience doesn't need an attachment to every character that dies, it would certainly be helpful if the characters were more defined or memorable.

I think it's really just a side effect of having such a large cast. Even though I thought Frankie was sweet in this episode, she was really just a face in a sea of survivors. Obviously most of the dead were there for padding, and the main three were Enid, Tara and Henry, it kind of bums me that my reaction to almost everyone else was "wait, who?"

• Like Like x 1