Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Free Review Copies!

Discussion in 'Zombie Books' started by justjoinedtosay, Jun 10, 2015.

1. justjoinedtosay

hello!
    it's been a long time since i've been around these parts:zombies_blush:

my book, to thee is this world given, will be released next monday on june 15th and i was hoping maybe i could get a couple of volunteers to review it and post those reviews on amazon, once the comments feature is opened on the 15th.

confession: when i was here i was kind of doing research and getting a feel for the voice and world view of a character who would be in my book. the character isn't based on any of you, but interacting with all of you helped me to get a feel for a character who thinks and speaks and holds views juxtaposed to my own. in a very real sense, this forum helped give life to that character. i debated putting the forum in the acknowledgments, but didn't because i didn't want my book pigeon-holed by the walking dead.

I have two coupons that will allow whoever wants them to download a free-pre-pub ePub or Mobi (Kindle) version of my book. it's a novella (106 pages in the print version). so far everyone who has read it, has read it in one sitting.

if the coupons are claimed before you can get one, and you'd still like a copy, you can get an almost free copy of my book, there is a 99 cent pre-order sale on the Kindle version at Amazon, which ends on the 15th too. i'm NOT trying to make a buck or anything (even if you buy a copy, after everyone else takes their cut, i'll maybe squeak by with 2 cents from ever sale, so you would literally be giving me your 2 cents :zombies_lol: )

here's the cover:

[​IMG]

here's the book blurb:
    more information: it is more suspense/survival than horror; the zombies are portrayed in a slightly different way than usual, it's written in 3rd person objective; like Of Mice and Men (3rd person objective is pretty rare--it doesn't really work for works longer than novellas); it's a true novella, not a novel that petered out; there is a blatant nod to the walking dead, which was done on purpose to catch the reader's attention; there is a less blatant allusion to The Road, and it shares one stylistic element with the Road but this wasn't chosen because of The Road, it was chosen because reinforces a central theme in the book (in fact I didn't even think about the similarity until my editor commented on it). oh, and it has a very strong female character in it (but guys don't get scared off--it's not chick lit or girl-hero lit, the protagonist is male).

i really hope i can get a taker for the coupons--i'd really like to hear what hardcore walking dead fans think--if i've done it right, even if you hate it, you'll hate it but have been arguing with it.

ok, so if you want a coupon, reply to this post--first come, first serve. if anybody reads it and then wants to talk about it with me, i'm game =)

thanks in advance!--khel--

ps: i'll send a signed copy of the hard back to anyone who knows where the title comes from =)

2. justjoinedtosay

The two coupons for a free ARC (advanced review copy) of my book still haven't been used. If anyone wants them, feel free to use them.

there are only 2 days left before they expire

After Monday they are no good

There really isn't a downside to using one and downloading a free copy--at the worst, you get a free book =) (and if you decide to go ahead and read it, it's a very fast read and if you hate it--think of all the fun you can have by reviving this thread to mock it)

Because the downloads are through PayHip, they are completely anonymous--I'll never know if you downloaded it (I can only see the number of downloads), let alone if you reviewed it.

Coupon Code: HU3T0HBPL8 (can be used twice)

Link to PayHip Page for To Thee Is This World Given: https://payhip.com/b/HibS

Mobi (Kindle) and ePub (Nook and everything else) are available

You have to go through the check out process, but the coupons are for 100% off

The pubdate of To Thee Is This World Given is Monday, but both the Kindle and Hardback versions are available for pre-order on Amazon

Here's the link to the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YLOV8IO?*Version*=1&*entries*=0