Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

FTWD Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Tony Davis, Aug 24, 2015.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

-32% in mil% season 5 (compared to last season), pending last three eps. If the avg. total viewers follows this trend in season 6, they will be very close to leaving the 1 million range and entering the thousands instead. How embarrassing to even keep a show on until it's both the laughing stock of TV and of ratings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I honestly can't see any reason for them to not fire these show runners. They were brought on after season 3 to bring in viewers. They lost viewers and almost every bit of feedback from fans has been negative. The social media comments are 20:1 negative to positive.

If they bring these two back next year it really is them saying "F-you" to fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Perhaps they plan to change the name from Fear the Walking Dead to F**k the Walking Dead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

The way TWD's ratings are going I don't think people should be mocking Fear's ratings any longer. At the rate TWD is declining it's ratings will be pretty similar to Fear's before long.

5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Plus, even if it's not the smashing success TWD once was, it still nothing to crap on.

6. lastcat3

Unfortunately that is the problem. Even though the Walking Dead franchise is clearly in decline and people are clearly losing interest in it at an alarming rate AMC is so bad about ratings that even a show that will only get 1.5 to 2 million viewers will still be a lot more viewers than virtually anything else they could muster up. We can probably count on at least 1 to 1.5 million people tuning in to something Walking Dead no matter how good or bad it is where as something non Walking Dead AMC tried to make would have trouble ever crossing the 1 million mark.

So we are stuck with an endless amount of TWD content simply because of AMC and its very lackluster television programming.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They don't care about this show creatively anymore. They know its a sinking ship and its gonna go down at the same rate whether the last meal consists of lobster or chocolate covered foreskins. 4B made me embarrassed for the franchise but I thought they probably felt that way too, and would learn their lesson for 5. And then along comes season 5, parts of which I thought were an SNL parody of TWD. I'll still watch the show for the same reason I plundered through the last 6 of the Jay Bonansinga novels: because its canon, and I'm addicted to experiencing what is canon. Its like visiting a buddy when they are in the ICU for retractable diarrhea, so they know you're not a fair weather friend. Its still okay to plug your nose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. lastcat3

@Neuropyramidal you need to become a Last of Us fan. That's the hit zombie franchise these days and will likely have a legitimate reason to go on for years and years to come.

One of the top three reasons that makes Last of Us great is that AMC doesn't run it.

9. Neuropyramidal

Nah, couldn't get into it.

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

First off, "chocolate covered foreskins", simply amazing. lol

I agree they don't care. It was recently reported that they both said next season's formula is going to be different than any WD property in that the group is split up and each episode will focus on a smaller group. So basically they are saying next season will be all bottle episodes. Which fits into what some insider tweeted a few weeks ago about how they are doubling down on one of the aspects fans hate the most. Which would be bottle episodes.

As far as Last of Us. How far did you get in the game before you stopped playing? My experience is similar to what a lot of people said, they didn't get into the game until after they leave Boston. I started and quit the game like 4 times before finally getting into it. I just didn't like it, each time I quit I was still in the Boston part of the game. Once I pushed through that and got to the "Bills Town" part of the game, it really takes off from there. If you got to that part and still didn't like it, then ignore this. But if you never got to that part of the game, trust me give it another shot and get to that area. The game absolutely gets so much better.

11. lastcat3

Yeah Neuro has said that he isn't much of a gamer. Think he said once that he watched the first thirty minutes of a playthrough of TLOU which would be about the opening sequence of the game. Unless Neuro has tried watching it again he probably hasn't gotten to the point yet where Ellie is introduced.

Neuro I do highly recommend you at least watching a no commentary playthrough of Last of Us. Though it is a game it is so story driven that it can be almost as enjoyable to watch as it is to play. I myself never played the game and just watched a no commentary playthrough from a YouTuber called mkiceandfire.

Most everyone who still currently likes or did like Walking Dead will likely enjoy the story of Last of Us. Honestly I'd say the two main characters in it are better developed than any characters from the walking dead universe have been. And the antagonists are realistic villians that you would likely see in a post apocalyptic world. Not over the the top comic book villians that you see in walking dead stories.

#71 lastcat3, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  12. Neuropyramidal

I may give it a shot again at some point. I tried watching the playthrough twice, the first time maybe a half hour, and maybe a bit longer the second time. As lastcat said, as a general rule, i'm not a gamer. The telltale games were an exception, and the first video games I had played in well over a decade, maybe closer to two.

13. lastcat3

Yeah Neuro I suggest you give it a shot until at least Ellie is introduced into the story and you find out what the main mission of the game is going to be.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't get into that game until the woman who was traveling with Joel and Ellie was killed in that building in Boston. That was just before they left the city. I enjoyed it after that but I always played it in small doses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

I'm not a gamer either and normally just play a bit during winter months etc, but like I just said I eventually enjoyed the game too. One thing it does have in common with the Telltale ones is that it eventually draws you into the story, which drives it. You have to be dilligent about collecting stuff, ammo, weapons and supplies etc. If you find that sort of thing annoying then you probably won't be able to fully get into it though.

16. lastcat3

Lol, nice spoiler there. Though I'm sure Neuro isn't concerned enough about it to care.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Stealth

Ooops I misread his original post. I thought he said he watched the walkthrough of Boston but looking back now it says a little over a half hour.

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It's amusing that FTWD is so boring that a thread about their ratings has so quickly been derailed. :p

19. lastcat3

Everything about the TWD universe is boring these days. Threads from the current show going on should morph into Last of Us chats as well.

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Nah. TWD is GREAT again.

• Agree Agree x 1