Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

FTWD Timeline

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 25, 2015.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

It looks like there might be a bit of a timeskip between the time of the mid season finale and the second half premier because the characters were wearing different clothes (probably no more than a week or two though). So maybe we are right up to the time where Rick is waking up when episode 309 airs.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So all the evidence we've gathered so far adds up. We are likely in either late October or early November of 2010 now. Still only a couple months after the apocalypse. It was mentioned in dialogue that its been about 2 months, and also the records that Otto was keeping about the diminishing water supply was dated September, 2010. And the math showed that when it was written, there was 124 days of water left.

So at the present timeline, they mentioned that were was 6 weeks of water left. If we assume that Walker and his people being added to the ranch reduced the supply by roughly a mont [which would then jive with the "2 months" statement made in dialogue], that means we are maybe 6 weeks after Otto wrote the math, in September.

4 months - 1 month [the reduced duration of water supply due to increased population] - 6 weeks = 6 weeks [the time they stated they have left until it runs dry].

So we are maybe 6 weeks after Otto wrote the note, which puts us in probably late October, early, November, 2010.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lastcat3

So are Rick and crew at the farm now or has the farm already been destroyed and they are in the wondering wilderness now waiting for Carl to catch up to Chandler???

4. Neuropyramidal

They are probably somewhere between getting attacked at the quarry and arriving at the farm. Because just before they arrived at the CDC Jenner said it was 63 days since the outbreak went global.

5. Leon

Leon Member

63 days.. how long is it now?
    I used to bitch and moan to my wife about waiting for tanks and infantry to roll up every season final, nothing.. lol

Yeah I know, I know.

6. Neuropyramidal

So TWD S8 ended just under 2 years after the infection went global. About 23 months or so.

Morgan relocated to the junkyard and stayed there long enough to grow eggplants. So maybe at least 3 months. Rick was also in a happy, jovial mood when visiting, which gives credit to the fact that some time has passed.

If we assume at least 3 months at the junkyard, and maybe another month or two on the road at least until he runs into John, then we are very roughly looking at 4 to 5 months after the end of TWD S8, so about 2 years and 4 months or more into the apocalypse.

If S3 left off in November of 2010, we are now at least in perhaps in early March of 2013. Roughly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. lastcat3

THe timelines in Fear make a lot more sense than it does in TWD because they were smart enough in Fear not to have any child actors in the main group. I would imagine that was a conscious decision when casting for the roles so they wouldn't end up with another Carl and Sophia situation. Enid's actress is starting to outgrow her character to (though the timeskip will help that out a bit).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

So if we assume around 23 months at the end of All out War, plus 3 to 4 months that Morgan stayed at the dung heap [long enough to grow eggplant], plus maybe a couple weeks on the road before running into John, that brings us to about 27 months when he meets John.

8A took place over the course of only about 3 days I think.

We have only seen 3 day/night cycles in 8B I think. One when Morgan slept through his trip in the back of the truck. Another when he was left on the roof of the mini van surrounded by walkers. A third when Quinn was killed and June went to the location he was suppose to be at.

So we are probably still about 27 months or a bit more. 2 years and 3 months or so.

If you go by the "632 day" tweet by AMC recently, then it is more like 25 months or so. But i'm sticking to my story of 27 or so ;)

• Like Like x 2