Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

G damn it rick, no security???????????

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by mfinley, Oct 20, 2014.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

So they all just barely survived terminus, they know some of the termites are still alive, and even if they think they are all dead, they don't post any damn security at the church???!!!!???? WTF!

I don't get that at all. That's just plain stupid.

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you're ranting about.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You would think a military person, Abraham at least, would be aware of such procedures too.

4. sam12six

sam12six Member

Hey!! Leave Abe alone. He spent the whole episode writing a speech...

5. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

OP, good point..atlease set up some traps.
    i think the group is just tired tbh

6. mfinley

mfinley Member

Traps would be great, but how about somebody just looking at the windows keeping guard??????

7. AAA

AAA Member

Hopefully he spent part of it hooking up with Rosita.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The burning candles, which were visible from the outside, were the worst mistake. If the church is dark from the outside it looks any other building.

#8 westwingnut, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  9. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i definitely think it is bad for Rick and co. to leave their guard down - especially after he tells Carl that he is never safe! perhaps they are riding on a high from escaping from Terminus unscathed and feel that they can take anything on right now, which is why they got a little careless. someone should have at least noticed that Bob, Carol, and Daryl left the church. If I was there I would certainly take notice and ask them where they are going. It's not like they can take drive to the local quik-e-mart or anything like that.

10. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

Being locked inside a closed church isn't enough? Staying away from windows and keeping them closed so you don't get sniped, and I'm sure they had someone staying up to listen for sounds or intruders. It's not Rick's (or the groups fault) Bob went wandering out in the middle of the night, alone, without telling anybody.

I would do exactly what Ricks group did. Keep everyone inside, away from windows, and together in the main hall so if people were going to break in, they'd have to knock down the main church doors and they'd be ready for them.

#10 Prophecy, Oct 20, 2014
  11. igorina90

igorina90 Member

Sasha did notice that three of them were missing...

12. mfinley

mfinley Member

Or you just sneak up on the church (since nobody is watching) set it on fire and stand out front and shoot people one at a time as they run out the front door, or just chain the door shut and burn them all alive.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Do you realise how boring (and unrealistic) it would be if Rick were a flawless tactician who eliminated every threat and acted like a well organised military leader?

#13 BatmansHooker, Oct 20, 2014
  14. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yeah, no story to tell. Rick is a flawed human, aren't we all?

15. sam12six

sam12six Member

I've never really bought into the "If they weren't idiots, there wouldn't be enough danger." argument.

The fact is, between zombies, humans and assorted other issues, survival would be almost impossible even with a brilliant strategic mind controlling the group. No matter how good your decisions are, there's no getting past the fact that about a dozen people is not enough to be totally secure unless you just huddle in a bunker somewhere.

The group's making stupid decisions (outside actual battle) is just the writers' being too lazy to come up with scenarios where the danger surpasses any good decisions on their part.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's because if you are a character in a horror movie it is your duty to make bad decisions, that is what you do.

17. Dead man walking

Funny thing is, the big speech about survivors, Rick's talk with carl that he isn't safe and then all sit and get drunk.. but really I am amazed they've made it this far with their stupidity. Daryl says he heard something and feels someone was at their camp, the terminus lunatics are still out there yet they don't take any precautions? Jeez, even in the first seasons they had trip wires set up around camps and people on watch but now when it's the most dangerous they chill? After all they have been through you would think this would be second nature, automatic. Walkers and lunatics are behind every bush it seems (although these days more lunatics than walkers unfortunately), so post guards. It's a church - get up in the tower and keep watch. They are really careless and I truly cannot understand it - i would have eyes in the back of my a*** every second. I would not go anywhere alone, I would barricade doors and sleep sitting up with gun in lap and feet against a door, minimum two of you together at all times, even for a dump. i don't care, it's about staying alive.

Same goes for Daryl and carol off on their own doing their own thing and in the middle of the night. Seriously? Just plain stupid.

#17 Dead man walking, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  18. Dead man walking

Yes I agree with that. I can understand the odd moments of carelessness creeping in through fatigue etc, but not such simple things as making sure you protect your camp or actually killing everyone at Terminus BEFORE going with Carol. Yes i know they want to drag the story out for the tension but like you state, there can be other scenarios that are less lazy in depending on the group acting like a bunch of morons to simply bring about the problems. They are creating their own problems simply by their failures to do anything properly, and although i love the show, that is frustrating and completely unrealistic unfortunately. If there were guards outside the church would Bob be supper? Nope. After this many seasons i would not expect them to make such simple mistakes after all the characters have been through. It doesn't make sense.

19. Dead man walking

You have to be on your guard - just huddling in a room with a gun pointed at the door won't help. They can easily be incapacitated by throwing a few flash bangs and tear gas into the church - like in the container at Terminus - how did that work out - 'being ready? Not well. You wouldn't last long like that. The Gov had a tank - can you imagine staying away from windows and doors would help if they rolled up with a tank? Post guards, that is the least you should do.

20. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Sooo....how many people in the ZA have access to tear gas and tanks? And what are one or two people standing watch going to do to a tank anyway? Lmao

Just seems like people are hating on Rick for Bob's stupidity. Safety in numbers. Bob seemed like a goner anyway.