Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gabe's Decision

Discussion in 'Episode 1008 - The World Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Should he have waited for the council and a trial, or better to get it over with? What would Michonne say? [even though MIchonne may never find out], or the council? Should he have honored Rick's ways?

#1 Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Gabriel did the right thing. Dante betrayed the Alliance's trust, he poisoned the water supply, he murdered (at least) one patient, and he murdered Siddiq.

Dante got exactly what he deserved.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

He did it solely for Rosita and since she's cool with it that's all that really matters.

• Like Like x 2
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Totally. Somehow, I can’t seem to muster any sympathy for the guy. Seemed like a just judgement to me. Thought he was gonna play Fr. Gabe too cause he knew how people in these communities acted and he got fooled. Good riddance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Gabe did the right thing.

Dante expected them tear themselves apart decidiing what to do with him.

Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Exactly, and that would only spread more fear too as Dante would spout off about the Whisperers etc. He's different too than just capturing an enemy. He infiltrated the group, committed sabotage and killed one of their own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. purriwinkle

Yes, and let’s not forget Cheryl either. Had he gone on who knows who’d have been next (he tried to kill Rosita and let Coco get eaten). Straight up serial killer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Gabe absolutely did the right thing!

And while I love Rick not every decision needs to be grounded in honoring him. Especially after 6+ years

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I wouldn't have stabbed him so many times.

I would just cut his head off and mount it on a pike along the border with the whisperers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Did Gabe stab Dante in the head before leaving or did he leave the gate open and Dante could turn and roam around?

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Gabe didn't have that kind of time. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I don't think we saw a head stab, but I can't believe he would be careless enough to not do it. I know Gabe was recovering from the brutality of his assault, but that would be maddening stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I also kind of doubt that he would leave a corpse behind that could reanimate and be a danger, but then again, Gabe has a habit of getting careless when he is angry....leaving doors open...twice....

But anyway, they burned Dante outside the walls, so no worries. :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

1. That wass a too easy death for Dante. Should use the Daryl's ''cutting finger technique'' to get all and real intel from him before killing him
    2. Should find out the location of that tree which was used to transmit hidden info. Then, maybe, use it to pass fake intel to mislead Alpha. Or, capture another whisperer who is going to retrieve intel.
    3. So, it was Dante who painted ''Silence the Whisperers'' on the walls and rooftop. Why wasn't this being investigated before? Were people thinking it was those teenagers who did the painting? Some adult must have questioned them and found out they did not do it. Then, they should have then suspected a mole had infiltrated. Right?

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I would have tried to get as much information out of Dante as possible. He might not know, where his fellow whisperers are at the moment (if I were Alpha I wouldn't risk that in case Dante get caught), but he might give up some information about Whisperer habits that could proof useful. Other than that,taking the decision into his own hand and avoiding conflict in the community was probably the sensible thing to do here, as harsh as that decision was.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Dante was insane. I don't think they could've gotten anything out of him. When the group was talking to him, he was basically mocking their community and way of life. If he did offer up any information they couldn't have trusted it. Gabe made the right move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. purriwinkle

Yep. To paraphrase Cheryl, “How do I know Dante is lying? His lips are moving.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Gabe's decision shocked the crap out of me. He was being all forgiving at first kinda.....saying sometimes people need a second chance.....and then BOOM, viciously stabbing him. My jaw hit the floor. LOL Good on you Gabe!

19. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I wish they would have written that he took off his collar before entering the cell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

But that would have given away his intention straight away. To Dante and to us. No?

I actually liked he killed Dante with his collar on, owning his decision and not trying to hide it from his God, or separate himself as a priest from a human who felt he needed to protect his loved ones, his village, from a very dangerous person. The fact he got sucked into the violence the way he did, was perfectly human too, yet that horrified him at the end. I think that’s the part that might come to haunt Gabe, not so much the fact that he killed someone.

• Like Like x 1