Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gabriels Sin

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by wolffe, Dec 1, 2014.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

I find it somewhat puzzling how Carl or Michonne weren't ultra pissed off at Gabriel for
    1. Sneaking out of the church without telling anyone
    2. Leading a small pack of zombies back to the church overrunning it

They had a defensible location, shelter from the elements & plenty of food and they abandoned it for what seemed like 20-30 zombies. Not to mention it was a good place for Judith to chill out & continue pooping her diapers in. Carl or Michonne seemed not to care much that they just increased the danger level by over 9000, putting all of them including Judith into grave danger. They seem to just shrug their shoulders & act like it is not a big deal.

Also what is the deal with Gabriel trying to go through the front door? He could have easily crawled back up the hole he came in, patched up the floor & been insulated from the zombies.

Why in the hell did the crew board up the main door from the inside with no fast way to open/close it? Were they going to board up the door and break it down again everytime a big crew was coming back or going out?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He started to get down on his knees next to the crawl space at first, but the walkers were almost on top of him, so he didn't have time to lay down and scoot under the building. That's why he got back up and ran around to the front door. But you're right about the way they boarded up the front door. They should have just made slots on either side of the door that the board could have slid down into. Then they could just pull it up every time someone wanted to go through the door.

And I guess Michonne and Carl thought what was done was done, no sense wasting energy screaming at Gabriel when you're already exhausted and might have to fight more walkers any second now. I'm sure they weren't happy. I probably wouldn't have said much to Gabriel at that point either, because I'd be too busy preparing myself for the 30 walkers that were about to bust back out through the door. But later on I probably would have had a word with him. ;)

3. Brainsouffle

Brainsouffle New Member

I think the walkers were to close for Gabriel to re-enter under the church. I agree they should have fought harder to hold the church, they gave up quick! Michonne has handled herds that large before by herself. Looks like it's time to be moving along....

4. Puhnesq

Puhnesq Member

Funny how he was exposed to banging on the doors to be let in from the walkers, same as the people he left to die outside.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I think that was the point of the scene in all honesty.

6. lynndavis1979

lynndavis1979 New Member

I was thinking that too.

And I think they would've said more about him causing so much trouble except the rest of the group showed up and they didn't really have time

7. diordior

diordior Active Member

They could easily clear out the church if they intend to stay there with the whole group. But I don't think it was ever meant to be a permanent location like the farm or prison, just until they can get enough supplies, regain strength, regroup and move on to something else.

8. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Fr Gabriel has really been annoying so far and I think we all just want to see him come to terms with this world and join the rest of the group mentally. I think that what you are saying is true - that this was a big part of this episode. I sincerely hope that he appreciates Carl and Michonne having the courage to help him out when he did not do the same for people in his situation. I want this moment to teach him that the people he is with are good people and that he should start trusting them and learning from them.

9. barmy

barmy New Member

isnt that why he went out? he said something along the lines of 'i had to know' when asked why he went back there... he wanted to go back and see for himself that the story this new group he is with told him as justification for butchering the attackers checked out. it did, and he can now go some way to reconciling his conflicted opinions in favour of the new group.

10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

That would be a great name for a bar.

11. Lateralis

Lateralis Member

Or a Christian Death Pop band.

12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

As was said, I think that was the intent of the scene. I think it would have been better if the walkers had wasted his sad ass instead of the other 2 saving him. Maybe he adds more to the story later? I haven't read the comics.

13. Puhnesq

Puhnesq Member

Hence why I'm mentioning it? lol

14. Screaminleeman

I'd guess fornication except that Gabriel is not Catholic.

It may be a sin locking your doors in Georgia, but near Baltimore, it is considered sane doing so.

15. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to have a bar called Square One, so everybody could say "Hey, let's go back to...."

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It was a pretty cheesy scene, and I would have preferred he died outside. But OTOH, it's great for his character development if they want to keep him around, as he now *knows* Rick's group is morally above the people they killed, and he might trust them.

17. wolffe

wolffe Member

It sure would