Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Okay so I created this thread to discuss the HBO hit show, "Game of Thrones."
    This thread may contain spoilers posted by certain members, so if you wish to share spoilers please use Spoiler tags so we don't ruin it for those who aren't up to date with the show.

So a few little interesting questions:

• Who is/are your favorite characters?
    • Who are your least favorites?
    • Who do you think will win the throne?

Feel free to post photos, quotes and so on. Just remember to use Spoiler tags. If you also read the books, please refrain from typing out spoilers without the tags. I for one have not read the book series at all and I'd appreciate it if things weren't ruined.

My favorite characters include:
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Daenerys Targaryen
    [/FONT]Arya Stark
    and
    Tyrion Lannister.

My least favorite character is of course Joffrey Baratheon.

Sorry this was so long, I'm just insanely in love with this tv show!

2. Maggie

Maggie Member

I loved Ned Stark until he was killed at teh end of seaon 1.
    I absolutely love the badass Daenerys Targaryen, Dragon Queen.
    I love Arya Stark
    I love Tyrion Lannister and his whore Shae
    and for his sheer smarmyness, I really do like
    Peter Baelish.

Characters that are great simply for their complete badness and who I hate/dispise, etc.... Cersei Baratheon.
    I DESPISE THAT INCESTUOUS SELFISH WHORING BITCH QUEEN on levels that put her up there with Lori. But unlike Lori who doesn't seem to have a brain in her head.... oh Cersei knows WTF she's doing and she is absolutely ruthless to protect what is hers.

3. Negan

Negan Active Member

Can somebody explain to me what exactly Game of Thrones is? I heard it was good, but I don't understand what it is. Like, what is the basic plot of it? The only thing I know about it is there's a guy names Ned in it. I don't enjoy medieval stories, so I haven't read the books, which there are many of. I might give the show a shot, though, but what is it? Is it violent? Gory? Interesting plot/characters? Do people constantly die like TWD, where you'd get attached to a character and they die?

#3 Negan, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I really wanted to like the books and series, but couldn't get into either. I tried, though.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Love the books and the show is ok. Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen and the Imp, Tyrion Lannister are my favorite characters. Cersei and Joffery Baratheon are the only two I truly hate.

6. Ewan

Ewan Member

One of my favourite shows! Can't wait for season 3.

7. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Game of Thrones

Hey Feminem - here goes.. season 1 (book 1) in the briefest possible way... (I'm not sure if it's a spoiler? But I'll use the tag just incase).

There's lots of gore/sex/violence/attachment to characters.

There are 5 main books (split into 7) so far, another 2 in progess (final two, I think). They are BIG books, long, immense. I would suggest, if you want to give Game of Thrones a go then definitely watch the first season first and if you like it, then maybe give the books a go. I love the books and I love the TV show equally. It's a very exciting series.

Fave characters -

Arya
    Bran
    Dany
    Jon

Least fave -

Cersei
    Davos
    JOFFREY!!!

#7 Axel, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  8. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I'd just like to ad - that I really wasn't interested in this. The medievil genre just isn't my thing - usually. So many of my friends were banging on about the show and books I eventually caved. I started with the first book first - loved it, then caught up on the show and carried on with the rest of the books - they took me 5 months to read in total, and I'm fairly quick reader!

Anyways - conclusion - at least give it a go. :) that's to anyone that's not really sure.

9. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

My favorite character is the hot chick who is naked like 70% of the time she's on screen.
    My least fave is her brother.

Though I'm not really fond of the show. I got to s1e02 and kinda lost interest.

10. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

It's quite slow going and takes a bit to get into - I would definitely suggest giving it more of a chance than that. I didn't get into TWD until a few eps in. Each to their own though I guess, it's not for everyone.

11. Matt

Matt Member

Slow....? It's probably HBO's fastest-paced show.

• Favorites: Catelyn, Samwell, Tywin, Tyrion, Jaime, and Brienne
    • Least favorites: Cersei, Littlefinger, Maergery
    • Iron throne: Daenareys

12. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I don't watch any other shows on HBO so I have nothing to compare it too - I'll re-phrase... 'IMO I think the show is slow going'. It's still one of my favourite shows on TV at the moment, so...

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I very much enjoy both the show and the books, but my enjoyment doesn't change the fact that VikkiAxelJones is right. The show, and books, can be slow at times. Just because its faster than the rest of HBO's crap doesn't make it a fast paced show.

14. Matt

Matt Member

Ah. Well, in that case (and this is a little off topic) I suggest watching Carnivale. It has about the same pace as GOT and includes many elements from the horror genre.

15. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Oh, cool. I've never heard of it before, is there much of it to catch up on?

16. Matt

Matt Member

It was cancelled back in like 2006 after two seasons, so.....yeah. I don't think you'll have a problem lol. They're both 12 hours each.

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I've tried watching this show but it's just full of assoles and the biggest ass killed my favorite character.

18. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Sorry for not replying. Basically lost info on my phone and forgot my login for a while. :p
    I have read all the books now too so I'm a bit more informed.
    My tip for new viewers: Do not get attached to characters, you may be very disappointed.

19. Ms. Jones

Ms. Jones Member

In case you have not seen it yet, the trailer for season 3

[video=youtube;nv9msfhgQdc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nv9msfhgQdc[/video]

20. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

series 3 starts very shortly here int he uk woohoooooooooooooooooo