Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

@DeadBoston. Thank you so much for taking the time and bringing the alleged leaks here. Whether is true or not, it is interesting, we just have to take it "with a pinch of salt."

GRRM said the ending will be bittersweet, the question is, does that still stand? As far as we know the book is still in the writing stages, and the show series itself has brought a whole new set of viewers as well as favourite characters. Let's face it, many non-book readers are hoping for a fairytale ending while some of the book readers have been downright hateful when it comes to GRRM and the time he takes at releasing a fire and ice book, he might very well change his mind. Sometimes I think him not finishing the WOT is an indirect middle finger to some of those fans.

Also, GOTs the series is a big hit with fans and I am sure it is bringing him a bundle, so it only wise to concentrate on new material for the upcoming new series.

I have already ordered the new book, that means Christmas I would have something to read while I wait for GOTs and BDB.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Stealth

It's more difficult for Martin to write these books with his whole story having come to life on the TV screen before he had even completed them. Then there are so many demands from fans, journalists etc on the characters and the direction of the series. This whole thing has become bigger than he could've ever imagined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

I think Tyrion is turning heel. It's rumored he blows up KL & it makes sense since he knows where the WF is at & it might be a lil boring having Cersei do it again?

All the mystery surrounding the dragonpit?

Emila saying how bad she was ****ed up? Killing Tyrion could do that to her?

Plus GoTs has to shock us again & have some other stuff going on besides the NK ****in shit up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stealth

Some interesting stuff this week. Rumor has is that the opening scene of Season 8 will be reminiscent of Robert Baratheon and Cersei entering Winterfell in the very first episode of the series. But this time it's Dany and Jon, and unlike the welcoming reception they received by Ned, it won't be quite the same at first for Dany and Jon.

It's believed the initial trailer for Season 8 will be released on the first day of winter.

Post production will wrap up at the end of the year and we're still looking at an April return.

Also, the spinoff series begins filming in February 2019.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Stealth

They are really hyping the Night's King vs. Westeros battle. They're saying that it's not only bigger than anything that's ever been shown on TV, but that it will also surpass what we've seen in film as well. That's some bar. Peter Dinklage says that it will make the Battle of the Bastards look like a theme park. It's also going to be shown from the POV of numerous characters.

I'm most interested in seeing how Jaime fits into this big fight. My own feeling is that he's going to link back up with Bronn and take the Lannister forces that were around the Twins and head north. He's going to have to have his own army because no one in the North is going to want him leading them. I could see them using him in a similar way that the Vale saved Jon's army, but that would also deprive us of some great reunions and interactions with the Starks. And those would be much better before a battle, when everyone is more skeptical of him.

7. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

8. southernlady

Let us rejoice!!!

'Game Of Thrones' Director Confirms Each Season 8 Episode Is Longer Than 60 Minutes
    [​IMG]
    Rachael Grealish in ENTERTAINMENT
    Winter is finally coming, after the long wait HBO have finally confirmed Game of Thronesseason 8 will air in April 2019 - but if that wasn't enough to get you excited the GOT director, David Nutter went ahead an confirmed all the episodes would be feature length.

Nutter hosted a Reddit 'Ask Me Anything' on Tuesday where he was asked by a fan how long we could expect the final season's episode to be, which he replied: "Season 8 episodes will all I think be longer than 60 minutes. They'll be dancing around the bigger numbers, I know that for sure."

This wasn't the only thing the director confirmed, he released as whole host of information that's enough to get any fan of the long-running show jumping out of their socks.

He said fans could expect to see a direwolf again in the next series, why we had to wait so long for a new series - nearly two bloody years, I add - and confirmed a certain character was still alive after that epic ending of season seven.

We all fell in love with the Stark youngsters' direwolves, but as they whittled down to just Ghost, Jon Snows companion, and the glimpse we got of Nymeria in the last series, our hope of seeing those mighty beasts started to dwindle.

[​IMG]
    'Game Of Thrones' Director Answers Season 8 Questions Saying Who Lives Credit: HBO

But when he was asked if we'd get to see them again, Nutter said: "Well, I have to say that you will see a direwolf in season 8. That's all I can say."

Then we finally have an an answer to why we've all had to wait so long to get our next - and, unfortunately, final - dose of Jon Snow.

Nutter said: "Visual effects! Things take time my friends - they take a lot of time to create and GoT is the last place you're going to find half-baked work so it's all about making sure they fill the frame with as much capacity as possible and making it as real and right as possible. Small price to pay for the amazing quality that comes out of that show."

The final of episode of season seven was enough to put anyone on edge and left loads of questions: what would happen next? Would Jon and Daenerys be together? And, of course, would that lovable wildling Tormund survive after the White Walker dragon blasted through the wall?

[​IMG]
    Will Tormund live? Credit: HBO

Well someone asked who his favourite character in the upcoming series is and he replied with: "I can't tell you - I love them all - with he and Cersei of course, Lena Headey who I worked with on the Sarah Connor Chronicles is a favorite of mine as well. Can't leave out Emilia and Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) as well but the cast is fantastic there's not one bad one in the bunch - to think of the Hound and Tormund and all those guys this last season was just magical."

Tormund - we all thought he may have fallen to his death but Nutter's response here implies he did in fact survive.

It 's going to be an agonising wait until April, but from what Nutter has said it's definitely going to be worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Stealth

A couple of the episodes are rumored to be film length.

I read where they filmed a Jon/Ghost scene for last season. It was him saying goodbye as he left Winterfell, but they cut it out. Not sure why they cut it after they went to the trouble of even doing the CGI. Couldn't have been a very long segment.

At least now after the long, long wait we're starting to get articles and more information on the season. Can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
  10. southernlady

I'm going to try to time my GOTs marathon from the beginning to coincide with the finale! I am also going to do my best to avoid the online spoilers this season - wish me luck with that one lol. I will admit this "bittersweet ending" has me most curious.

• Like Like x 2
  11. X-HUNTER

All up to a person's interpretation, in other words, my bitter might be your sweet, and your sweet might be my bitter. :) Go figure.

12. Stealth

I usually hate spoilers but with the "long night" between seasons I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos and reading different things. This time around I believe they have a very tight wrap on it all so you won't have to worry about getting any significant spoilers. Aside from one particular rumor (which still might not be true) most everything else I believe is fan conjecture.

I began my rewatch recently too. Have seen the first two episodes of Season 1 so far. It's really cool to see again. You notice a lot of things you missed and with all of the elements coming into play at the end it's almost a must to watch it all over.

They were smart too to end episode 1 with Jaime pushing Bran out the window. Anyone on the fence about watching the series would be drawn back to the next episode. It also made it clear this was a show that was going to have a lot of twists.

13. X-HUNTER

I totally agree with that statement and there are always hints of future events spoken by characters that take place. One that always stands out in my mind is the conversation between Cersei and the Lady of Thornes, where a sarcastic question was thrown at Cersei of her burning down the city which is exactly what she had in mind.

Hence when the accusation is thrown at Tyrion more than once of him taking his family side in the war, one has to wonder if this is a hint of a future event to come.

I too wish that this does not happen as Tyrion is one of my favourite characters, however, if Jaime can make a full circle turnabout, they can make Tyrion his nemesis which would surely be the ultimate twist in the series.

14. Stealth

Dany also turned to Jon at one point for his military advice and after following it had her first success of the war, with that rearguard attack on the Lannister army. This had to signal to Tyrion that the tide was shifting. When he was begging her not to go north to save Jon, he was so desperate that you could tell it was more than her just putting herself at risk. He saw it then as the further strengthening of Dany and Jon's bond, which leaves him more of a side player in it all.

His betrayal might not happen, but at the very least they've placed down some seeds of doubt. Also while Tyrion has always been the outcast in his family he's often sought approval from them. So it would make sense if they did have him take that path.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stealth

Here's a short teaser they just released for Season 8.

It show us....absolutely nothing. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. X-HUNTER

@Stealth You are right... absolutely nothing in that trailer! A total roll the eye moment!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Idk?

Winterfell falls
    Big battle at the Trident (Book Dany)
    New wall of dragonglass?
    Ice & Fire being killed by themselves essentially?

Also at least now we have a timeline for teaser/trailer. Probably another teaser early next year followed up by a real trailer around the SB?

19. Stealth

I don't think we're going to have the final battle on the Trident as some people are predicting. Perhaps Martin will go that route in the books (if they're ever completed) but that location doesn't have much meaning for the TV audience. I think the Night's King will either be defeated at King's Landing or Winterfell. King's Landing seems to make the most sense to me at this stage.

• Like Like x 1
  20. X-HUNTER

[​IMG]

Found this image on the internet. Nice fan art!

Looking GOTs repeats, the demise of Ned Stark is tragic, he underestimated everyone at KL and it sort of set the tone for the show. Honour has no place if you want to win at the GOTs.

• Like Like x 2